Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi shortly I am buying an i3 rex which should usually mean no need for anything other than home charging however once a year we travel through Spain from Bilbao to Granada (a straight line down the country) obviously we could just take our chances and add petrol every hour or so (travel with dogs which need a walk anyway) but i’d be grateful for any advice (or just point me to a recent thread or two if this question has been asked a million times) about what cards are worth getting for Spain, charging strategies, super reliable charge points with nice place to eat etc.

(Dupe of a bit on my icebreaker intro hope nobody minds but the question possibly lost there)

·
Registered
14,908 Posts
Firstly download the Electromaps app:

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/electromaps/id606186464?mt=8

Then go to their website and order an RFID fob - there are lots of charging points that cost little or nothing, but you’ll need this for them to work.

I’ve found that a Plugsurfing fob can work as well, so this might be a good backup.

Plugsurfing - Charge your EV and find Charging Stations

You can get an IBIL card at the Repsol petrol stations that have a charger, to use their network of rapid chargers. These can be helpful.

Apparently you can activate a charge with their App now, but I haven’t tried this:

https://www.ibil.es/images/Pago_por_la_app.pdf

There are also lots of Tesla Destination chargers at hotels. (I recently used one at an IBIS), so this can be useful if you’re planning your overnight stops.

Finally, carry a granny charger, extension lead and adaptor. You never know when you might need to charge up at a Schuko socket.

·
Super Moderator
11,438 Posts
Dupe of a bit on my icebreaker intro hope nobody minds but the question possibly lost there)
Moved that to the i3 forum. More likely you will get some useful i3 suggestions over there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts