Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

So, we just got our first EV! Very happy about that. An eNV200 Evalia 24kw. We've been trying to figure out how the public charging network works. We live in France so there are a lot of these charge points around. Not to far from us we have an 22kw one , AC, three phase. I used it today and was impressed by the speed of it. As far as I know we have an 3,6 onboard charger. Now it charged roughly 30% in 1 hour and 15 min. How is that possible? I cant get the math right on that. Isn't it supposed to take twice as long?

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I used to have a 24kWh one but with a 7 kW charger, and that used to put around 25% in just over an hour initially, although as the battery gets towards 100%, the charging rate slows up.

So I'd check exactly what version you have. When you cycle through the options on the little screen to the side of the main display, if you've got the 7kW onboard charger then it will display 2 sets of times for charging. If there's only 1 time showing, then you have the 3.6 version.

·
ENV200 Owner
289 Posts
Congratulations. I guess it will also depend on how much capacity your battery has left as it will be 30% of that. Fingers crossed you have the 7.2kW charger.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts