Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
So I read that it's best to only charge to 80% when possible and only charge to 100% if I intend to drive the car straight away.

OK, seems to me that this approach isn't going to do any damage. But how?

I charge on a granny charger at home.

I scrutinised the options in the car itself and can find the "energy option" but this doesn't allow me to specify a % charge.

I then found an option on the app, but this seems to be tied in with setting a departure time and there are no instructions as to what this is all about.

Has anyone set their e-Golf to only charge to 80% and if you have, can you override it when needed to 100%

Ta 馃憤

Premium Member
VW ID.3 Worst Edition
It鈥檚 under battery and charging options, max charge limit I think it is.

I have mine set to 60% as I only use the car once a week or so at the moment.

It will only charge to your set max charge limit if you have a departure time set though. If you don鈥檛, it will just charge to 100%.

Registered
the way I did it :
  • create a charging location called home. there I set the max charging to 80%.I also lower the charging current, because I'm using the granny charger and I don't want to overload the circuit. It'll take more time to charge, but I normaly have it.
  • create a charging schedule for everyday at 6AM and set the charging location to home.

you can do this via the app or on the car directly.

Registered
the way I did it :
  • create a charging location called home. there I set the max charging to 80%.I also lower the charging current, because I'm using the granny charger and I don't want to overload the circuit. It'll take more time to charge, but I normaly have it.
  • create a charging schedule for everyday at 6AM and set the charging location to home.

you can do this via the app or on the car directly.
I'm curious how many miles your car reports it has on start up when you charge to 80%...mine says 100 miles when I charge it fully which I am puzzled by; I had expected it to say 125 on each full charge.

Registered
My number and your number will likely be different. If the day before I had an abnormal trip then it would be different to what i would get normally also..

But to answer your question, this is my current number..

I'm curious how many miles your car reports it has on start up when you charge to 80%...mine says 100 miles when I charge it fully which I am puzzled by; I had expected it to say 125 on each full charge.

Registered
Volkswagen ID.3 Life
Welcome to the forum. Cold weather, your previous driving style, and whether you currently have the AC on will all make a difference to the number you see. Press the Mode button to Eco and it will change. It's pretty meaningless.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts