Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those with experience (I couldn't see this on here), when it's working, how and where do you charge at the rapid at Nissan HQ? We spend half our lives in LEGOLAND with the kids, and this seems quite close to Windsor, how easy/practical is access and charging from people's experiences?

On that note, I think I touched on this before but can't find the conversation if I did. Can you charge your Nissan at the Technology centre at Cranfield? I saw they had a rapid on one of the charge maps, is this by appointment, or open the public, or out of bounds?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
can only comment on the Nissan HQ one at maple cross, you just show up, at the barrier (if its closed) just hit the button to talk to security (24x7) and tell them you are here to use the charger. They let you in, go left and its 50m inside the gate. Like all rapids it has had some reliability issues but on the whole its been good for me. Not much to do other than sit in the car, if you need the toilet and the offices are open just ask at reception they always let me use them.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
For those with experience (I couldn't see this on here), when it's working, how and where do you charge at the rapid at Nissan HQ? We spend half our lives in LEGOLAND with the kids, and this seems quite close to Windsor, how easy/practical is access and charging from people's experiences?

On that note, I think I touched on this before but can't find the conversation if I did. Can you charge your Nissan at the Technology centre at Cranfield? I saw they had a rapid on one of the charge maps, is this by appointment, or open the public, or out of bounds?

Thanks in advance!
I noticed the charger at the technology centre on Plugshare so I called and asked if it was available for public use.
I was told, quite clearly, no.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Ought not be a problem in MK, obviously, given the number of rapids in the area, but on the day I called the chargers at IKEA, Glyn Hopkin MK and Newport Pagnell Northbound were all out of action. Thankfully Southbound was working (though I think it's offline now).

I'm told Glyn Hopkin in Bedford (Kempston) now have a rapid, which is a useful fallback for me as it's on an alternative route home.

Reactions: Paul

·
Registered
23 Posts
I called in at Nissan HQ on a trip back from Bournemouth to the North East,, the old chap on security was very obliging considering a thunderstorm started whilist he let me in !!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts