Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this has been done to death before. I have a ZE50 Iconic with rapid charge capability. Can I charge it with a Tesla charger?

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Sorry if this has been done to death before. I have a ZE50 Iconic with rapid charge capability. Can I charge it with a Tesla charger?
Tesla Supercharger = No

Tesla Destination Charger = Possibly. It depends if the charger is set to Tesla only or 'open to all'.

Tesla Home Charger = Yes

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Tesla destination chargers labelled “Electric vehicles only” (white background) not “Tesla vehicles only” (red background) will work.

Reactions: Carty

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
@ArthurGreenWorld my old Zoe 22kWh charged just fine off the Tesla chargers in Gade car park. I only did it once mind, it’s a s*** part of town and I’d rather park in Intu 😂

·
Registered
Zoe ZE40 R90
524 Posts
I never understand why mine won't charge on ANY tesla destination charger in watford... I've tried a few lol
One that I use fairly regularly always negotiates with the charger (blue flashing port) then refuses to charge (red flashing port) then re negotiates and charges fine. I'm used to standing watching it go through this performance to make sure its charging when I leave it.
The other two "Tesla Only" points will negotiate and then charge straight away!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts