Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
My Eco Friendly Cross Country Transport!
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Somewhat concerned that my Leaf 40 is booked back into Nissan for the third time in less than 2 months (2,500 miles). Even more concerned I am having to wait a week for the only Leaf 40 qualified technician to come back from holiday!!

This time I got two "warning" messages "Chassis control system fault" then "e-pedal system failure" when trying to turn-on e-pedal. Both are yellow warnings. Nissan said car safe to drive (hmmm).

Just before this occurred, I commented to my wife that the steering felt "light", by which I mean that it seemed too easy to turn the car as if the power steering (Chassis control?) was aiding me too much (NOT the same as the lane keeping using ProPilot - that feels completely different) and leading me to over-control the car. Anyone else encountered this - I am convinced this is a change from when I first had the car, which felt really "positive" on the road?

Fortunately I photo'ed the warning messages, because then after turning the car off and on (I am an IT professional, so obvious first action!!) they had gone and the car has behaved for 24 hours since. I assume the errors will show up on the OBDII.

·
My Eco Friendly Cross Country Transport!
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update: Problem hasn't reoccurred, but doesn't go into Nissan until Tuesday. I think the "light"steering might be a red herring. I think it maybe temperature and tyre pressures related. We have been having quite warm weather for the UK recently (certainly much warmer then when I first got the car) and when I checked the tyre pressure (on dash) they were often at 38/39 even after just a few minutes driving. They are supposed to be 36 (cold), so I adjusted the pressures and the steering feels much better - now showing 35/36 when driving in ambient temperatures of around 20-22C this week. I think maybe the car is a little more sensitive to tyre pressures combined with heat than I am used to - does this make sense to anyone else?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Could be, I've noticed different sensitivities to pressures. In some cars it's pretty obvious, others don't seem to notice it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi so what happened to you on this issue? Chassis control is simple regulating the wheels so they don't loose traction (senses wheel slippage and activates ABS for a pulse).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts