Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there EVerybody!

Coming to you from New Zealand, the EV capitol of the southern hemisphere!

Im wondering if anyone here can help! I have a 2019 Nissan Leaf 40kWh (love it!) but it has recently started
throwing up an error message (as attached pic). Nissan here cant find anything wrong with the car and have
said its a 12v battery issue but that has tested without fault? The error message was initially prefaced by a
vibration through the steering wheel but this has now stopped and only the error shows....help!

It happens during normal driving and also while stationary. One the car is turned off and on it goes away and
drives perfectly normal?

Any help or direction would be appreciated!

Thank you!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi Nz

I do know if the 12v is off slightly it will cause errors. It might test good enough for a ICE but might not be strong enough for the leaf, if you have leaf spy you could go into the car and clear the error and see if it comes back again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Nz

I do know if the 12v is off slightly it will cause errors. It might test good enough for a ICE but might not be strong enough for the leaf, if you have leaf spy you could go into the car and clear the error and see if it comes back again.
Hi there, thank you for your thoughts! We have load tested the 12v using 3 different testers (one at Nissan) and all looks okay but are thinking it might be worth replacing it anyway as we all know so many electrical gremlins in EVs are caused by this! Thank you again I appreciate your reply!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts