Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

581 - 600 of 627 Posts

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
That i3 deal doesn't look too bad for £4k/year. I used to spend nearly that just on petrol.
Were you really only getting 12 MPG? :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: Or doing more than 10,000 miles per year? :unsure:

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #583
I dont think we will see the £200pcm type leaf deals or the 22xe deals again for a few months. maybe xmas or end of august will be diufferent..

·
Registered
227 Posts
When were the £200 leaf deals?? Can you point me to the old offer anywhere?
Thank You
Luckily just managed to secure one last week via Willow Leasing but the prices have shot up again this week. It was 24 months 6k miles for £201 per month on a 9+23.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Still too much in my view. Nearly £14k with £10k miles.
Tiny boot. Cloth seats. Small overly plastic interior.

That said, if the latest e-Niro came down to similar money to that Kona, I’d have difficulty persuading the missus she didn’t want one over the prettier Peugeot. Never gonna happen though.
Some of the e-Niro prices aren't too bad - it's what I'm after so I've been tracking them. Note the 64kWh '3' is less than £2 per month more than the 39kWh '2':

·
Registered
96 Posts

·
evezy referral code d6540
2,846 Posts
I had a Leaf Tekna for 2015/16 on a 2 year PCP for £200pm inc deposit and 12k miles pa.
I was offered a Leaf Acenta around the same time for £179 (1+23) and just missed out on a Zoe for £134 including battery lease, again, 1+ 23. Those were the days!

Reactions: Kingpleb1 and EdH

·
Registered
289 Posts
My current deal is £245 net deduction on salary sacrifice for an Ioniq Electric Premium, 14k miles a year with incl. Insurance and maintenance, over 2 years. No money down. It is practically giving it away.

My fear is that there won't be affordable deals like this in 18months and I'll have to go back to ICE.

·
Registered
378 Posts
July 2016, wife got an i3 94Ah Range Extender with leather and enough extras to take the list to £40,500.

Two years and 25k miles lease that cost just over £9k total over the whole term.

Paid Alphabet £19,500 for it at the end of the lease and we sold it 12 months later with 30k miles on it for what we paid for it a year earlier.

Yep, those were the days indeed...

·
Registered
246 Posts
I've been looking at the Zoe leases available and they certainly seem good value compared to PCP. Until now I've always bought second-hand but am wondering whether to go for a two year lease which won't hit my capital and then at the end look at buying in what will be a bigger and more diverse market. Second hand prices seem very firm at the moment.

If I were buying for long-term I'd get a CCS model but looking at my current usage pattern the extra cost doesn't appear worth it for me, and I wouldn't have the issue of selling it without it. The range of the 50 covers all but one of my potential trips. As it is I've got the additional cost coming up shortly of a blockwork drive on my front terrace lawn, but at least that comes under the home improvements budget. Luckily there's no significant kerb to drop! Don't worry, the back garden remains a haven for wild life..

581 - 600 of 627 Posts