Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

601 - 620 of 627 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
I've been looking at the Zoe leases available and they certainly seem good value compared to PCP. Until now I've always bought second-hand but am wondering whether to go for a two year lease which won't hit my capital and then at the end look at buying in what will be a bigger and more diverse market. Second hand prices seem very firm at the moment.

If I were buying for long-term I'd get a CCS model but looking at my current usage pattern the extra cost doesn't appear worth it for me, and I wouldn't have the issue of selling it without it. The range of the 50 covers all but one of my potential trips. As it is I've got the additional cost coming up shortly of a blockwork drive on my front terrace lawn, but at least that comes under the home improvements budget. Luckily there's no significant kerb to drop! Don't worry, the back garden remains a haven for wild life..
Bristol Street Motors/Vertu had a bunch of GT Line Zoes on Leasing.com with CCS for less than the cheapest alternative supplier without.
Might still be there. They were two weeks ago. We ordered one to replace the broken Zoe that went back to Renault but then cancelled in favour of something else.

Some have the winter pack. 2 to 4 weeks delivery.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Bristol Street Motors/Vertu had a bunch of GT Line Zoes on Leasing.com
SNIP
Thanks, as it happens I had a look immediately after my posting and without giving specific examples the prices were all a few hundred more from when I last looked. I didn't realise it was such a dynamic market! As an indicator a few of the deals were 0.69 or 0.71 on their value for money index and now they're .74.

I'll get the garden wall down, hard standing in in September and then review again and see what the consensus is here. Cheers.

·
Short term PHEV
2020 i3
575 Posts
Thanks, as it happens I had a look immediately after my posting and without giving specific examples the prices were all a few hundred more from when I last looked. I didn't realise it was such a dynamic market! As an indicator a few of the deals were 0.69 or 0.71 on their value for money index and now they're .74.

I'll get the garden wall down, hard standing in in September and then review again and see what the consensus is here. Cheers.
It is v dynamic if you are wanting to get the best price. Zenauto/Electricauto (same company) had Zoe GTs at £5.6k inc vat for a 2 year/16k mile term. I nearly went for it but they sold out and they then had a batch of BMW i3s for £7.6k for a 2 year term which we've taken delivery of and really pleased with both the car and Zen's service. Both cars at these prices have gone in the last week or so but whilst I've been monitoring their web site the deals come and go regularly.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Another reason not to buy a new car as soon as it comes out. Most seem to take a while to find their price level, e.g. the Leaf 62 that lost £9k in the first year.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
£12,500 vs £9,500 - the difference isn't quite as much you said but it is still quite a premium for your environmental credentials.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Not bad, but to put it another way, about £11k to drive a small Vauxhall hatchback for 3 years. Yes it's got battery and an electric motor, but you can get the ICE version for around £150 a month of 36 months.
Only for the absolute cheapest spec, you're looking well over £200 for the same trim level, and that's still with a less powerful powertrain.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Only for the absolute cheapest spec, you're looking well over £200 for the same trim level, and that's still with a less powerful powertrain.
Manufacturers are still dressing the electric versions up to soften the blow of the battery price tag, you can't get even get a bare bones spec electric one.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Just had this through from Fleetprices. Not stunning, but not bad.
£12,237 over 3 years for the boggo basement Corsa.

Or what, £7,500 for the top spec Zoe GT Line with larger interior, larger boot and proper 250 mile range?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Perhaps we should have a rule for posting in this thread - All leasing deal posts should show the mileage per annum and total cost over the term.

Just showing the monthly payment and no details of the initial payment isn’t much help to the reader.

·
Short term PHEV
2020 i3
575 Posts

·
evezy referral code d6540
2,846 Posts
£12,237 over 3 years for the boggo basement Corsa.
That’s £340 a month. For £49 a month more, you can get a new R135 ZE50 Iconic Rapid Charge from ONTO evezy. That includes insurance, maintenance and free polar public charging. No deposit, 1000 miles a month included and only one months commitment. So if you’ve had enough of it after 6 months, just hand it back and get something else!

·
Registered
987 Posts
Looks like these are going quite cheap given the upcoming id.3

·
Registered
16 Posts
Looks like these are going quite cheap given the upcoming id.3

I am not sure why anyone would buy a new car in the 25k and above range when they only do 5k miles a year. Thats 100 miles a week. It would probably be cheaper to book taxis.

·
Registered
15,740 Posts
I am not sure why anyone would buy a new car in the 25k and above range when they only do 5k miles a year. Thats 100 miles a week. It would probably be cheaper to book taxis.
Because no-one's paying that. It's a lease.

·
Registered
987 Posts
You can select higher mileage and the price doesn't increase that much e..g for 10k miles pa the lease only goes up by £30pm

Reactions: cah197
601 - 620 of 627 Posts