Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

621 - 627 of 627 Posts

·
Registered
15,740 Posts
I know. They are paying £239 a month on a lease to travel 400 miles a month. Thats 60p a mile. I am sure if my mileage was that low I would not need a brand new car.
Well on-one really needs a brand new car. But maybe you're unclear on how all of this works?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well on-one really needs a brand new car. But maybe you're unclear on how all of this works?
No, its perfectly clear thanks. I know cars are an emotional purchase and am more than guilty of chucking money away myself changing cars too often. And am likely to do it again very soon, swapping out a perfectly good 4 year old car because it's time for a change. But at least I do 20k miles a year so justify it on the basis that I spend a long time in the car. When I am down to 5k a year it won't be getting changed all that often.

·
Registered
987 Posts
I know. They are paying £239 a month on a lease to travel 400 miles a month. Thats 60p a mile. I am sure if my mileage was that low I would not need a brand new car.
So just pay an extra £30pm and get 10k miles pa or £80pm for 20k miles pa. The latter works out to under 20p per mile.

·
Registered
246 Posts
swapping out a perfectly good 4 year old car because it's time for a change.
Please keep doing that, that's when I buy my cars! :D The immature nature of the EV S/H market (range/leases etc.) means when I get one it'll be the newest car I've ever bought!

·
Evezy referral code: d4113
138 Posts
When were the £200 leaf deals?? Can you point me to the old offer anywhere?
Thank You
They were just before lockdown, in fact there were deals starting at £179pm for n-connecta but 5000 miles p.a. or so. The ones I was keeping tabs on were on leasing.com or carwow or similar.

·
Registered
378 Posts
They were just before lockdown, in fact there were deals starting at £179pm for n-connecta but 5000 miles p.a. or so. The ones I was keeping tabs on were on leasing.com or carwow or similar.
Yep. Saw that. It was on Leasing.com. Worked out to about £5,500 over 2 years on 5k miles. Dirt cheap....if a Leaf’s what you want.
Top of the range Zoe was similar money last time I looked.
Smaller all round but 250 miles range, quicker and all the toys.

·
Registered
227 Posts
There are some limited stock cheap Leaf deals here:

Just called them... they are pre-registered (20 plate) cars with delivery miles and include metallic paint - available for immediate delivery. Might be of use to someone looking for a Leaf...

621 - 627 of 627 Posts