Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1321 - 1340 of 1344 Posts

·
Registered
BMW i3
2,143 Posts
Went up quick enough 👀
You're not wrong - from £260 to £430 in 10 days, wow! In a panic I've just reviewed the contract they sent - it definitely says £270 (including maintenance) so I've immediately signed it online. I'll believe it when it's on the drive.

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
You got an absolute bargain there! Seems like it's worth checking the sites regularly for blink and you miss it deals.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Edit... confused

·
Registered
589 Posts
You're not wrong - from £260 to £430 in 10 days, wow! In a panic I've just reviewed the contract they sent - it definitely says £270 (including maintenance) so I've immediately signed it online. I'll believe it when it's on the drive.
You can still get them for £287pm (and less) on a 6+23 deal just not from that specific broker, they deals are from stock though, can we assume yours is an in-stock deal with delivery very soon?

·
Registered
eNiro 64kWh 2021. Ioniq 38kWh 2020.
1,115 Posts
I have said on here many times, see a good deal; ring them immediately and secure it. Don't wait for emails etc. Most fantastic deals are limited (could be a handful of cars at a specific price) and go quickly. The sales people may have literally hundreds of email in the morning with questions about mileage and variations on the lease. If you ring, they will sort you out first as you are easier and more likely to buy than the hundred's of emails.

·
Registered
BMW i3
2,143 Posts
You can still get them for £287pm (and less) on a 6+23 deal just not from that specific broker, they deals are from stock though, can we assume yours is an in-stock deal with delivery very soon?
Yes, could be that broker had hit their allocation. Delivery is September. Given the big jump, though, I wonder if it's possible the other deals are no longer valid - but you'd only find that out if you tried to get one.

I have said on here many times, see a good deal; ring them immediately and secure it. Don't wait for emails etc. Most fantastic deals are limited (could be a handful of cars at a specific price) and go quickly. The sales people may have literally hundreds of email in the morning with questions about mileage and variations on the lease. If you ring, they will sort you out first as you are easier and more likely to buy than the hundred's of emails.
Yep that's what I did.

Reactions: Panda

·
Registered
eNiro 64kWh 2021. Ioniq 38kWh 2020.
1,115 Posts
Yes, could be that broker had hit their allocation. Delivery is September. Given the big jump, though, I wonder if it's possible the other deals are no longer valid - but you'd only find that out if you tried to get one.

Yep that's what I did.
Always the best approach. Now the waiting game, just as you said 'believe it when it is on the drive'. On a positive note, our last 3 cars have been like this and they all arrived at the price quoted, so it pays to be quick.

·
Registered
589 Posts
They are still valid I as I spoke with a broker earlier today about one for the FIL, as he has no clue about leasing at all. Curiously delivery was quoted as before then end of the month, if the paperwork was completed before Friday.

You deal is not a mistake it will be honoured, and you need not worry. I've had some staggering deals with PCH, right place, right time, and getting it in the bag as fast as possible. The worst bit is if you see a better deal before yours arrives. :p

·
evezy referral code d6540
3,554 Posts
The worst bit is if you see a better deal before yours arrives.
Once I’ve got a bargain that I’m happy with, I stop looking, for that very reason !

Reactions: Woodulike

·
Registered
12 Posts
This looked cheap to me. I don't like the Ioniq enough to be tempted, though.

Deal rated '99' by them, too

It does look cheap (esp compared to RRP divided over a number of years) I find the price history chart further down useful (defaults to days, which is a bit odd - I set it to months).The premium SE had the same rating as this last week, but has gone up in price.

·
Registered
108 Posts
There really aren't many good deals around at the moment are there. 😂 At least if you're not after a Zoe, Leaf or Ioniq. I think I'm going to have to extend my current lease!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have been a fan of electric cars for a long time, and I am so glad that they have become massive and affordable.
I'm still a loyal fan of the German car industry, so I'm looking at the Volkswagen e-Golf.

·
Registered
555 Posts
There really aren't many good deals around at the moment are there. 😂 At least if you're not after a Zoe, Leaf or Ioniq. I think I'm going to have to extend my current lease!
Had 3 new electric cars to replace our i3 and i3S over the past 15 months and have had to reject all of them due to faults.
The removal of the grant and the chip shortage has pushed us out of the new car market and into a 2017 Leaf Tekna 30kW and it’s a bloody revelation.

No more spending £40k to be a “beta tester”. No more niggles with Apps and crashing infotainment systems and broken PTC heaters. No more arguments and stressful comms with manufacturers/leasing company piss-poor after sales care.

Only has £9k of our cash tied up in it. Costs us bugger all to run, hardly depreciating, does upwards of 130 miles on a warm day, but is also still pretty nimble off the mark and has all the toys and a huge (for a small hatchback) boot.

Done with new electric cars. Never been fans of the Leaf so we had low expectations of it, but our experience so far has opened our eyes. Won’t stay long though. Next stop was going to be an Enyaq or Ioniq 5. Now it’ll be a used Model S.

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
Had 3 new electric cars to replace our i3 and i3S over the past 15 months and have had to reject all of them due to faults.
The removal of the grant and the chip shortage has pushed us out of the new car market and into a 2017 Leaf Tekna 30kW and it’s a bloody revelation.

No more spending £40k to be a “beta tester”. No more niggles with Apps and crashing infotainment systems and broken PTC heaters. No more arguments and stressful comms with manufacturers/leasing company piss-poor after sales care.

Only has £9k of our cash tied up in it. Costs us bugger all to run, hardly depreciating, does upwards of 130 miles on a warm day, but is also still pretty nimble off the mark and has all the toys and a huge (for a small hatchback) boot.

Done with new electric cars. Never been fans of the Leaf so we had low expectations of it, but our experience so far has opened our eyes. Won’t stay long though. Next stop was going to be an Enyaq or Ioniq 5. Now it’ll be a used Model S.
Would be interested to see a short list of those cars and the faults. But a used Model S... Interesting choice if you want reliability!

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,338 ·
Thing is the battery and motor warranty... 8yrs and unlimited miles. Other stuff is general common niggles like door handles, MCU, light clusters(mostly M3 though) and headlights. Dont forget the DRL issue....

·
Registered
555 Posts
Would be interested to see a short list of those cars and the faults. But a used Model S... Interesting choice if you want reliability!
I expect reliability from a brand new car. From a used one, not quite so much. Not even from a so called “premium” brand.

Compared to chucking away £15k ish on a lease, sticking £30/£40k ish into a Model S with relatively slow depreciation leaves contingency for maintenance and repairs.

Then there’s the free supercharging and the charging network itself.

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
I expect reliability from a brand new car. From a used one, not quite so much. Not even from a so called “premium” brand.

Compared to chucking away £15k ish on a lease, sticking £30/£40k ish into a Model S with relatively slow depreciation leaves contingency for maintenance and repairs.

Then there’s the free supercharging and the charging network itself.
It's also the only way to buy one without a yoke now!

1321 - 1340 of 1344 Posts