Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1541 - 1560 of 1586 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,481 Posts
Looks like they've removed the prices, so safe to assume it was mispriced by somebody.
ARIYA is backup at over £600 a month :ROFLMAO: Probably not real and just a placeholder - Hopefully!

·
Registered
765 Posts
It's almost amazing we are now back in a place where you are better off buying brand new, than leasing or buying nearly new (used).

Throws all the meticulously gathered data from the past decade out of the window, and that is prior to BEV revolution taking a hold in full, which I wasn't expecting until 2025/6. Just goes to show you can't predict anything really, far to many variables and moving parts.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Ok. Just to give some ballpark figures. A very basic Corsa E was £320ish with £2k deposit and 10k miles. Base spec MG5 EV was just over £310 pm for the same miles and deposit. MG EV ZS was £348pm. Peugeot 208e was a bit higher again.

For the range the MG's seem the better deals so far.

The Ora Cat (I keep wanting to call it Rita) would be interesting competition as decent size and probably quite a bit less purchase price. However it is not clear when it is actually going to arrive (with also unknown financing and dealer network as yet).

Sent from my M2007J17G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
eNiro 64kWh 2021. Ioniq 38kWh 2020.
1,192 Posts
Thanks, I recall leases for these last year for almost nothing. Ideally wanted a PCP to get any upside if depreciation isn't as bad as the PCP providers are estimating.

PCP on the Ioniq 38 are over £400 which is way too much.

Sent from my M2007J17G using Tapatalk
You won't find a good PCP deal, they want too much deposit which makes the balance of the deal really bad. The Ioniq deal is the best at the moment. A friend of mine bagged one on Friday, in stock Premium SE which averaged £273 per month including fees and deposit. Three year lease based on 5K miles p.a., but only 6p per mile charge for additional miles which is a bargain in today's market. She got a PCP quote which was more per month, on top of a £5K deposit. Any residual value in the car will be off-set with the £5K you put down. Not a great deal.

I think that this is same deal, but not in stock and I am not sure about excess mileage charge:

·
Registered
793 Posts
You won't find a good PCP deal, they want too much deposit which makes the balance of the deal really bad. The Ioniq deal is the best at the moment. A friend of mine bagged one on Friday, in stock Premium SE which averaged £273 per month including fees and deposit. Three year lease based on 5K miles p.a., but only 6p per mile charge for additional miles which is a bargain in today's market. She got a PCP quote which was more per month, on top of a £5K deposit. Any residual value in the car will be off-set with the £5K you put down. Not a great deal.

I think that this is same deal, but not in stock and I am not sure about excess mileage charge:

Pardon the pun, but the wheels will fall of these crappy PCP deals the manufacturers/dealers are fattening themselves and the lenders with pretty soon.

Searching around the other day, there’s a growing midriff on the used market of £21k+ to just under £30k circa 12/24 month old fairly current used BEV stock that can be financed over 5 years or bought for cash at better value.

Mainly Corsas and 208s and ZS’s and the like, but there’ll only be more of it as time goes given the uptick in new BEV sales and leases/PCPs over the past few years.

We’re now pretty sure our next EV will be a late used car. Especially after the repeated aggro we’ve had with multiple brand new ones we’ve had to wait for months for only to arrive broken or requiring us to be unacknowledged Beta testers.

·
Registered
Hyundai Kona EV
2,356 Posts

·
Registered
Corsa-e
136 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
11,027 Posts
Reactions: Rei

·
Registered
eNiro 4, (Niro EV 4 HP on order)
1,324 Posts
I suppose the "gamble" would be that the LeaseLoco deal above is £2352 less in payments over the term, so if the car is worth less than £15837 in 4 years the lease deal is cheaper whole-life

I would suggest that a 20,000-24,000 mile MG EV with 3 years warranty remaining would be worth a lot more than that

But , as I say, its a gamble.......and the lease deal could be less flexible if you want to change your mind or have it changed for you (y)

·
Registered
568 Posts
Nathaniel Cars in Cardiff and Bridgend are doing the new Long Range MG ZS on 0%, see here: Buy New MG ZS EV | New MG ZS EV Deals & Offers Cardiff, Bridgend & Swansea, South Wales

View attachment 157555

View attachment 157556

I mentioned this to my local Baylis dealer and they tried really hard to match this by discounting the vehicle on the usual 4.9% rate, but couldn't. I'm going to visit their showroom soon to get a part exchange quote and see what we can do!
Hmm, PCP deal aside, the SE looks better deal. Still well spec’d, £2.5k cheaper and it also qualifies for the additional £1.5k gov grant.

A £4k differential not to be sniffed at and I doubt that differential will exist if selling after 4 years.

I just can’t get the MG and £30k in the same sentence; just don’t sit right in my mind. I know it’s not the same car/brand anymore (just like Skoda image has moved on)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just extended my I3 PCH by another 12 months

I'm shocked that my payments have went down by 78quid per month

I got the i3 about 18months ago on a stock deal and with the extension to 3 years my average monthly taking everything into account will have been about £270 over the 36 months

Seems incredible compared to the quotes I'm seeing now!

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hmm, PCP deal aside, the SE looks better deal. Still well spec’d, £2.5k cheaper and it also qualifies for the additional £1.5k gov grant.

A £4k differential not to be sniffed at and I doubt that differential will exist if selling after 4 years.

I just can’t get the MG and £30k in the same sentence; just don’t sit right in my mind. I know it’s not the same car/brand anymore (just like Skoda image has moved on)
I don't think the SE has roof rack ability, at least I've had no answer from MG or anyone else. Also unsure about tow bar options. But other than that the SE does look good value for some.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I just extended my I3 PCH by another 12 months

I'm shocked that my payments have went down by 78quid per month

I got the i3 about 18months ago on a stock deal and with the extension to 3 years my average monthly taking everything into account will have been about £270 over the 36 months

Seems incredible compared to the quotes I'm seeing now!

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
In the same boat. 9 months extension so far on my 2018 30kWh Soul. Initial amalgamated payments were 270 am month for 15k miles/yr. 1k miles/Ur on the extension costing 130 ish a month now. Total steal and reluctant to return it although I'm desperate for a larger car that can carry stuff. Praying the MG5 later this year won't be crazy prices.

1541 - 1560 of 1586 Posts