Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1581 - 1586 of 1586 Posts

·
Registered
Hyundai Kona EV
2,356 Posts
I was sent this by email from Drive Electric and it seems a bit too good to be true - possibly a mistake? It's a 64kWh Niro EV from £304pm:

For comparison I got the equivalent but smaller Hyundai Kona last September, and would have preferred the Niro but it was much more expensive. The Kona is currently showing for £390pm over 48 months but if you set it to 24 months same as the Niro it's £530pm so something doesn't add up:

I suspect it's an error, but am posting it in the hope that someone here can grab a bargain.

Reactions: Rei and Johnny Read

·
Registered
546 Posts
I don’t think its an error it’s a lower spec 2 model probably run out stock before the new ones come in and on 9+23 and 5,000 miles (for perspective in the not so long ago times, March 2001 I got my Soul FE 1+35 8,000 for £310 per month) but not bad for the now times and over 2 years as a tide me over for someone

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
The detail in all the headline grabbing offers is the initial deposit being asked. The 5kmiles/annum deal for 3+47 = £18565, Amortised, that's £386/month. Not bad for a long range car, but as Shiko mentions, it's the 2, which has the smaller screen, no built in satnav. Maybe thats not an issue for some? It's also a long way from the cheap deals we saw a couple of years ago.

·
Registered
7,265 Posts
This is a 'bargin' more than a deal, but it IS cheap (as chips, almost!):

Chinese £3,200 budget electric car takes on Tesla:

Doesn't china have sizable subsidies? even so would be a real bargain if it ever comes to the UK

I really hope that India or China send one of the cheaper EV's this way at some point - the market below £20k is worringly sparce and unless that changes I think EV uptake may begin to stagnate as not everyone can afford that much for a car

Huh I think its coming to Europe - but unfortunately "A UK launch is unlikely, given the cost of adapting the car to right-hand-drive. "

·
Registered
109 Posts
Huh I think its coming to Europe - but unfortunately "A UK launch is unlikely, given the cost of adapting the car to right-hand-drive. "
Well there will always be a possibility of an 'import' from the EU, at the sale price even a few extra grand on paper-work would make it the cheapest EV in the UK (just not as cheap as they will have it in the EU zone - ah Brexit! ;) ).

Oh and the Dacia Spring mentioned in that article is also meant to be pretty good (as a cheap end EV). I think Fully Charged did a nice review on it.

1581 - 1586 of 1586 Posts