Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe the current cheapest EV (battery owned) is £18-19k - Renault Zoe.

How long until we see something at £15k or less?

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
29,861 Posts
You can get a pre-reg Smart for that money.

Three years ago you could get a new dealer-delivered CZero for £12995.

Together with the above, I guess the answer is 'three years ago, and still available'.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry, I forgot to specify something with longer range (at least 40kWh). So something that beats the Renault Zoe offering

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Sorry, I forgot to specify something with longer range (at least 40kWh). So something that beats the Renault Zoe offering
Simple answer - no. You won't beat the price to range ratio of a 40kWh Zoe today.

If you want cheaper you'll have to go second hand.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Simple answer - no. You won't beat the price to range ratio of a 40kWh Zoe today.

If you want cheaper you'll have to go second hand.
This is a purely speculative thread, I'm interested in people's thoughts on when they think something cheaper will come

·
Registered
590 Posts
I believe the current cheapest EV (battery owned) is £18-19k - Renault Zoe.

How long until we see something at £15k or less?
If you mean, a new EV ... and you use price after dealer negotiation , then the ZOE is possibly the cheapest.

Still .. very disappointing that they don't reduce the official price, which is still over 24k after the country support ...

PS: Note that once removing the country support, the ZOE will be a 30k car .. which dealer can sell as low as 23/24k ... so 20% discount from dealer .. still a very expensive car ... for a little city car ... but we all know .. EV car are not cheap

EDIT ,,, the Kona 40kwh on paper cost as much as the ZOE ... but Kona is sold without any discount, and the ZOE is sold for over 20% less ... a very misleading information for the potential customers

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Renault have just announced a Kwid based EV K-Ze. People are quoting 250km range. This might be it. China release to start with.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts