Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,040 Posts
Impressive! Is this genuine and the effect of newer models, or a wind up?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Impressive! Is this genuine and the effect of newer models, or a wind up?
Brand new ones have been available for £21,995 for a while. This is cheap but not outrageously so.

I guess the record sales in September included a load of pre-reg.....

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Preregistered in the dealer’s name in order to move the stock to hit their sales target.
Nothing wrong with this at all, but you have to expect the V5 to show one previous owner.
If you intend to keep the car for a good spell of time, then this will not be that detrimental to the value of the car at the time of sale.
But if you wanted to sell the car in less than two years, then it having two owners in two years may put some potential buyers off.
I have bought pre reg cars in the past, but kept them for approx four years.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Also has serious tax implications if you’re buying on behalf of a business - first year capital allowances for ultra low emissions cars only apply to brand new vehicles. Niche use case, granted.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV. Lotus Exige
68 Posts
I looked at a new version of that exact model/colour.
£6k deposit on a PCP, £163 a month and future value after 4yrs of just under £10k.

So in 4yrs time and still 3yrs left on the warranty, that's a cheap EV!

·
Registered
75 Posts
These will be cracking 2nd cars second hand in 3 or 4 years so long as the batteries behave nicely over time. As well as being cracking new cars right now at the price they are.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Will these be £10k or so after three years? With new prices like this I can't see them holding value. They really are a bargain EV and very capable.
My Zoe with a similar size battery (not leased) is still worth ~£14k and it's approaching 4yrs old in Feb (admittedly I bought it when it was 2yrs old with only 5,500miles and today it sits at just 10,500!). Back in 2017 when it was new I believe you could have bought it for around £17k.

I wouldn't be surprised if these were worth similar levels.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
It's just frustrating that we all know the next EV ZS version will be just so much better (if it follows the new ICE ZS). To someone who would have to take a serious gamble with their finances, even at the great price this car is at, it just doesn't seem sensible to not wait till the next release.

·
Registered
144 Posts
It's just frustrating that we all know the next EV ZS version will be just so much better (if it follows the new ICE ZS). To someone who would have to take a serious gamble with their finances, even at the great price this car is at, it just doesn't seem sensible to not wait till the next release.
There’s no way it’ll be the same price though!

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
We've had countless models upgraded over the last decade. The Leaf, Zoe and i3 have had 3 iterations of battery capacity increases and refreshes in design.

None have resulted in the previous iterations just becoming 'obsolete' or worthless. In 3yrs time, a 40kWh SUV with 4yrs warranty for £10k, £12k or even £14k will continue to be as an attractive buy as it is today. A brand new larger battery version with a slight design refresh for £25k+ won't change that.

·
Registered
129 Posts
The demand for second hand EVs will help keep prices higher. Despite their low range 4 year old Leafs do hold their price. Whether newer battery technology comes along to make more range cheaper soon is probably the only thing to affect prices. Low emission zones proposed for Bristol, Southampton and ?other? Cities will increase the desirability of second hand EVs also.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
The Leaf, Zoe and i3 have had 3 iterations of battery capacity increases and refreshes in design.
I don't disagree, and I think as someone else says, the gen 1 ZS will be worth something - but if you take a look at how the gen 2 ICE ZS has improved upon the gen 1, it's nowhere near just a refresh - all the technology has changed for the better. I guess they'll just sell to the people that do their research !!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts