1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Just seen this Tekna bargain, reduced by a further £5000 to below £15k. It does not say Flex but call them to find out.

http://www.wessexgarages.com/used-cars/search/9050/nissan-leaf

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2013-Nissan-LEAF-Tekna-Electric-Grey-Automatic-/321212856573?ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:GB:3160

Edit, apparently it is a Flex model. It's in the Additional Info tab.
That's the car I had for my 24 hour demo - lovely it was too. So nice, in fact, that within a few hours of driving it off the forecourt, I was convinced I wanted a Leaf.

I felt quite bad for the salesman when I showed him the two non-flex acentas I'd been offered for 16k. He seemed to have no room to budge, which is a shame, as Wessex Cardiff are nice people to deal with. I'd have liked to have given them my money. But the FLEX payments put me off.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does a Flex have to be a Flex permanently; i.e. can you pay extra and not have the Flex option ?
The cars with Flex battery lease have a plate on the central offside pillar and can only assume for the whole life of the car as Nissan warrant fully regardless of time, but would you buy a car with only 9 bars and still £70pm minimum, as standard battery warranty not effective until Below 9 bars, so effectively 8 bars? Can see sale difficulties with older Flex cars.

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
FWIW ours is a Flex, but it's on a PCP and we have no intention of keeping beyond three years. I wonder how many others are doing the same, and if Nissan have a master plan come that almighty trade-in time?!

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@Paul Can u please take a picture of ur Flex plate for future location reference. Thanks.

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
The cars with Flex battery lease have a plate on the central offside pillar and can only assume for the whole life of the car as Nissan warrant fully regardless of time, but would you buy a car with only 9 bars and still £70pm minimum, as standard battery warranty not effective until Below 9 bars, so effectively 8 bars? Can see sale difficulties with older Flex cars.
What does this plate look like? There's a sticker there, but it doesn't seem flex specific? Maybe this is relevent though: Type FAAZED. Otherwise it seems to reveal the car details (serial etc) so maybe not best to put it online?

·
Registered
77 Posts
How can a car manufacture sell a car with an estamative mileage with a warranty and then take it away if the battery starts to fail? Not fit for perpose in law you would expect to get good service i.e. the same as was offered at time of sale (milage quoted range)?

·
Registered
77 Posts
FWIW ours is a Flex, but it's on a PCP and we have no intention of keeping beyond three years. I wonder how many others are doing the same, and if Nissan have a master plan come that almighty trade-in time?!
Most PCP taken out say the car will be worth 11k ish after 3 years, i think Nissan will have a short fall? it will have to come of their bottom line.

·
Banned
1,698 Posts
i think Nissan will have a short fall? it will have to come of their bottom line.
Or, after 3 years, they remove the Flex plate and sell the car with no restrictions? (I presume other than a sticker they have some software that will need to be upgraded too)

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
They have made no suggestion that the plate will ever be removed... one a flex, always a flex is what I heard.

·
Banned
1,698 Posts
They have made no suggestion that the plate will ever be removed... one a flex, always a flex is what I heard.
They might well tell you that a vehicles owner can't change the status of the battery lease although where have they said anything about the Flex status? But once the vehicle is returned to Nissan what is stopping them reissuing it for sale in a different state?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, I was told by my dealer that they are registered as flex on the v5c and will always be flex models, also that when they are traded in the dealer only gets a three month window of exemption from paying the battery lease before they have to pay it!

·
Banned
1,128 Posts
Hi, I was told by my dealer that they are registered as flex on the v5c and will always be flex models, also that when they are traded in the dealer only gets a three month window of exemption from paying the battery lease before they have to pay it!
That is very useful information for anyone wanting to do a deal... Dealers are going to be very keen to shift a Flex car they've had for a couple of months!

·
Banned
1,698 Posts
That is very useful information for anyone wanting to do a deal... Dealers are going to be very keen to shift a Flex car they've had for a couple of months!
True, but what it is called does not really mean that Nissan cannot change the status of the battery lease in the future.

If they don't they may well have a lot of near unsaleable vehicles 3, 4, 5 years down the line making whatever they are offering by then to look somewhat less desirable....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts