Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

Cheap Zoe Leases

5K views 39 replies 11 participants last post by  BogieMan 
#1 ·
There’s a bunch of Zoe GT Line 50s on leasing.com at the mo.

Through a broker, but the same deal we booked through a Renault dealer in Feb at £6,500 over two years and 12k miles.

Can be reconfigured for different mileages

So I assume these are being brokered directly back to Renault and are in the same batch.

Broker says they’re “in stock at the port” and are for delivery in 2 to 3 weeks.

Cancelled delivery or unsold allocation perhaps due to C-19.

Asked about options and was told there are different colours and specs available.

Bit of due diligence is called for if you go ahead. They’re a broker so in the current uncertain economic climate, if they insist on a deposit to move forward, pay it on a credit card✅

See less See more
#2 ·
Yes, the stock ones don't have CCS but metallic is included. On 8K miles there are some deals for less than £6K over 2 years. I suspect cancelled lease deals and need to shift. Are only a few in each colour so will go quickly.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hatchback Compact car

#5 · (Edited)
Yes, the stock ones don't have CCS but metallic is included. On 8K miles there are some deals for less than £6K over 2 years. I suspect cancelled lease deals and need to shift. Are only a few in each colour so will go quickly.

View attachment 130228
That’s odd. They told me metallic’s another £560.
We’re in no hurry for my wife’s to arrives. There’s little chance of driving being necessary or allowed for another 3 weeks perhaps longer depending on how things go.
The longer it stays in Renault’s clutches, the longer we’re not paying for a driveway ornament.

#3 ·
leasing.com are a bit like carwow so you deal direct with the lease company. The best deals seem to be with Electric Auto (aka Zen Auto) but only via that site.

#6 ·
Hey @proddick you’re back. Missed you for the last 3 months. Wanted to ask you to check out a couple of new BP 150kW Ultra Rapid charging points when and if you can. Are they up and running yet?

BP Filling Station at Moto Reading Services.

BP Filling Station on the London Road in Newbury Swanbridge.

#9 ·
Oh God, I have been gone for months and you are still here banging on about how fossil fuel cars are cheaper. Why did I bother logging in again? Please can you just troll off to the Petrolhead forum? Not that I will know as have now set "ignore"...

Reactions: cah197 and MrMoonUK
#8 ·
Yeah I got a GT line rapid for 1+23 15k miles at £290 couple weeks ago, leasing company also waived the £199 fee as when on phone mentioned key worker lol.

car is apparently in the supply line, limited colour choice of red, black, fancy white or zircon blue

this was electric auto who are part of Zen leasing

#20 ·
Their web site says they will start delivering stock cars early July. I guess factory orders will depend on when production starts back, logistics, etc.

#22 ·
We were told mid-June when we ordered back in at the beginning of May, and the same when I called a couple of weeks ago.

I appreciate that there are many unkowns at the moment though, so a delay is not entierly suprising.

#26 ·
Electric auto seem to have exhausted the UK supply! Prices seem to have gone up and they’re on factory orders :(

My fault for waiting for a test drive
Does anyone know if new builds will get automatic emergency braking (+/- ACC)?

As usual the sales people don’t seem to know very much

#27 ·
I understand emergency braking may be on new builds at some point this year.

Adaptive Cruise isn’t a planned option for any Zoe as far as I know.

We did check before ordering for the reasons you’re asking.

The ACC is particularly useful for improving economy on motorway trips and comfort during commuting.

Emergency braking has in the past made a big difference to insurance premiums on previous cars we’ve had, since it basically stops the car dead before an obstacle at low speed.

#29 ·
The cheap leases seemed to be based on a stack of ZOE’s sitting in Southampton but various sources say that these have gone (at least in GT/rapid charge spec.
My only consolation from not getting a cheap lease deal was getting a factory order with AEB -there was some suggestion that this was combined with ACC but I wasn’t bothered by this.
It’s possible the Southampton cars have it -anyone know?

#30 ·
They don’t sadly. I asked.

My wife chose to stick with the order she had rather than drop it and go for one of the “stock” cars with Rapid Charge as they didn’t have the Winter Pack.

Then she asked me how long it would take to drive it to Berlin 🙄

A lot longer than it would if she’d had the one with RC.....But at least she can keep her bum and fingers warm while she waits for it to charge.

#32 ·
I made the mistake of going back to a Renault/Nissan retail dealer for a test drive and they’ve told me quite a lot of bull****

ie “of course it has electric heated seats As standard ”-“yes definitely”
“are you sure these prices include vat”
“Of course those prices include vat”- even producing an invoice to say they did after we paid the deposit
“Of course we have reserved a car for you it’s in our croydon branch”
“Oh sorry that’s gone (after order placed)-it’ll be September”
“Oh yes the car has automatic emergency braking”

I’ve asked them to check, yes. If they say it has then if the car arrives and it doesn’t I’ll do what I did last time and get them to order me the right car and use the wrong car until I get it. (They ordered a 3.3kW charger Leaf instead of a 6.6kW Leaf).

I went in for a test drive and they promised to match the leasing.com deal, took a deposit and now tell me the price is plus vat....and want more money by which time the cheap deals have evaporated

So yes if I’m paying top dollar I want AEB

#33 ·
I made the mistake of going back to a Renault/Nissan retail dealer for a test drive and they’ve told me quite a lot of bull****
They are generally hopeless. When deciding on Zoe I got a Chargemaster car (on old Polar scheme) to test drive for a week and ordered best deal on Carwow all by email. No way I was going to the showroom for their usual BS. To be fair, sales chap at West London was good but he left and it then all went to sh**! Anyway, car was correct on collection and I have been very pleased with it.

Reactions: Rentagas
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.