Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Event Potentum

I am generally very cautious when it comes to tyre choice and peoples reviews (what miss daisy says is good for 3 miles to the shops at 20mph, isn;t necessarily good for everyone's use and style of driving) but they do seem to be an OK tyre (bar comments about road noise which might be worst still in a LEAF) based on limited reviews. I suppose you can;t complain at the price, but I'd want to know their braking performance in a pukka test before deciding on fititng them. Might save £200 over premium brand tyres initially, but if you end up swapping them out early its no saving at all.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I agree, you can really do a tyre test/review until you are ready to replace the tyres being reviewed.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I also just noticed they are a summer tyre, so may well bite the bullet and go premium, thank you for the feedback.

Cheers

A

·
Registered
735 Posts
I also just noticed they are a summer tyre, so may well bite the bullet and go premium, thank you for the feedback.

Cheers

A
95% of tyres sold in the UK are 'summer' tyres - there are a few all weather tyres like the Goodyear All Season and the Michelin Cross Climate to name two, but everythign else (bar winter tyres) are really summer versions. What we are expected to use all year round is what some places in Europe have to remove in winter time for more appropriate rubber.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
95% of tyres sold in the UK are 'summer' tyres - there are a few all weather tyres like the Goodyear All Season and the Michelin Cross Climate to name two, but everythign else (bar winter tyres) are really summer versions. What we are expected to use all year round is what some places in Europe have to remove in winter time for more appropriate rubber.
Thanks for that I did notice that the goodyears are also classed as summer tyres. Now I may decide to give the budget options ago. It is shame no one does an A rated for fuel economy tyre in a 17 inch rim, or I would go for that.

·
Registered
Kona SE
964 Posts

·
Waiting to get a Leaf 2 on PCP.
82 Posts
If you are a Costco member you can have these tyres fitted there. They have an offer on just now for up to £100 off tyres depending on how many you are getting fitted.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts