Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Im looking to lease an e golf as there are some very good deals right now.
I have no idea when the ID3 will be available or the price, and i can lease an e golf for £260 pm for next couple of years while the ID range comes out.

Question, what lease companies have people found to be cheap for e golf?
Are there any other cars i should consider?

Thanks Alex

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
£260 a month sounds cheap from what I've seen, what's the deal and who's it from?
Very cheap!
Based on 15,000miles pa, £1561 6 months upfront, £260 per month with leasehub

I am going to go with 20,000miles pa, £1694 6 months upfront, £282 per month

cheapest i can find, hard to say no at those prices!

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
Just been searching for it on their website but can't find it. I did find u choose contacts and they look similar. I couldn't find 20k miles as an option but increasing from 5-10k miles was only £10 a month. Might be worth a look. £307.20 for 10k miles and 1 month deposit. £251.69 with £1510 deposit.
Prices seem to be coming down.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Very cheap!
Based on 15,000miles pa, £1561 6 months upfront, £260 per month with leasehub

I am going to go with 20,000miles pa, £1694 6 months upfront, £282 per month

cheapest i can find, hard to say no at those prices!
So actually £314 a month once you factor in the deposit. Don't discount EVEZY unless you are wedded to the e-Golf

·
Registered
2,470 Posts

Insurance
Breakdown cover
Wear & Tear
Service & Repair
Charging

ZOE 40 £289 per month with only monthly commitment. I think that will be hard to better. @Ryder35 you posted as I was typing this.

EDIT that price is for 1,000 miles/month
upto 1,250 - extra miles are £0.08 They "discourage" any more than that and charge 30p/mile over 1,250/month

·
Registered
966 Posts
Depends if you mean right now or can hold on a bit.....
£15k new should lease cheap? https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/motor-shows-frankfurt-motor-show/new-skoda-citigo-e-iv-arrives-frankfurt
If they make more than 6 a month, which they wont. Dont get me wrong they will be ready and able to, but VAG wont until someone other than VAG group starts making lots of small EVs. They'll all be ramping up as slowly as they can rinsing every last penny out of market rates like is happening with the almost Telsa money Kona right now. Production willl be limited to offset CO2 of the other models and bring the average down to where they need it to be to keep making other cars and no further.

The likes of the Astra and Focus were never a competitor to the BMW 3 series so lets not kid ourselves about every average Joe buying a model 3 as its next car, just like a new 3 series it will be just out of reach for all but the executive classes.

Tesla dont even have city cars on their immidiate road map so none of the manufacturers will build any more than they need to look like they are doing the right thing.

History repeats itself, see e-UP for more information, no one else in the maket flinched so they became as hard to find as rocking horse poo

Mark my words Pugeot and VAG and everyone not competing against the model 3 will quite deliberately make not quite enough to meet demand and keep prices inflated, Nissan have been no different with the Leaf post Ghossen either.

Don't get me wrong, a lot more EVs are going to be made than ever before, but wheras before when very few of us were interested in EVs it was relatively easy for those that really did want one to get one at a reasonable price, this time around all of our friends and family that we have been talking to for the last 5+ years want one too and prices will be high compared to to ICE/hybrid alternatives.

I dont think the cheap leasing deals on last gen designs will be around for long, I just hope some are still around when I'm next up for renewal in the new year. An original Sunderland Leaf has been good enough for me until now so a eGolf will be more than good enough.

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
If they make more than 6 a month, which they wont, and VAG wont until someone other than VAG group starts making lots of EVs. They'll all be ramping up as slowly as they can rinsing every last penny out of market rates like is happening with the almost Telsa money Kona right now.

Tesla dont even have city cars on their immidiate road map so none of the manufacturers will build any more than they need to, to look like they are doing the right thing.
That's very pessimistic. I think VW might actually be trying to do something about getting their emissions down to reduce the fines they will be paying next year.
Making their small cars electric, cars that don't get driven a lot of miles normally, is a good way to start moving over.

·
Registered
535 Posts
The European manufacturers have to go all-in on EVs now, as stricter EU emissions regulations come in in 2021.
No cars will be delivered until next January though, as cars sold in 2019 won't count towards the new quotas, but those sold in 2020 will.

The e-Up!, Mii Electric and Citigo IV are a stopgap until the ID.1 is ready in 2023.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Mark my words Pugeot and VAG and everyone not competing against the model 3 will quite deliberately make not quite enough to meet demand and keep prices inflated, Nissan have been no different with the Leaf post Ghossen either.
They have 3 options
  • Pays lots of fines for the adverge CO2 being too high
  • Convert nearly all they ICE sales to hybreds (including many plug in hybreds)
  • And/or sell many EVs
VW needs about 5% of their sales to be EVs so as to advoid all the fines. This is also about the level thst charging networks make real profits, hence may be the "tripping point".

·
Registered
966 Posts
They have 3 options
  • Pays lots of fines for the adverge CO2 being too high
  • Convert nearly all they ICE sales to hybreds (including many plug in hybreds)
  • And/or sell many EVs
VW needs about 5% of their sales to be EVs so as to advoid all the fines. This is also about the level thst charging networks make real profits, hence may be the "tripping point".
Exactly!

So while all these 250 mile EVs might suit somewhere between 40-90% of all customers they will only make 3-4ish% of their total sales EV and make up the difference with lots of mild hybrids, limited phev runs (again to ensure more people want one than can get one) and test friendly (not cheating) diesels that run on one or two cylinders .

Until Tesla or a new start up produces a credible threat to all segments they wont make any more EVs than they need to and nor will anyone else. They will also weigh up the point to which its worth paying the fines, thats the commerical reality of the situation.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
When a 20% top rate payer can lease a model 3 for equivilant to 280 pcm post tax (430 pre tax)......and asta and golf sales go through the floor.....

They will change thier mind

·
Registered
488 Posts
Only a few cars are bought by true retail, as many of them are bought by one man businesses, BIK etc. The largest purchases are by hire cos, big fleet cos. eg Royal Mail,and leasing cos who supply businesses. These purchasers are only interested in one thing, profit and they would buy cars run on litium crystals if necassary. In all cases the above are writing these things off against tax so you could argue are being subsidised by the the other tax payers so price is so less critical. Most cars are bought on colour and street cred. "Milk floats" dont get a look in except with those of a brain. In the end those with a brain win.

People on here seem to moan about the price of new EVs -so buy a used cheaper one and allow the tax payer to take the brunt of the first yr depreciation.
There is no such thing as a cheap car they are over priced tin boxes on wheels.
Some people are prepared to pay for fancy wheels,fancy colours and fancy electrical everything else - so if you want fancy you pay fancy dont blame the car manufacturers.

·
Registered
79 Posts
There's a degree of truth in what you say, but as someone who paid €4000 and £4000 for my last two cars there is still a big market out there that is unaddressed. Colour? Touchscreen size? Hah! I've been happy with both my last vehicles for the purposes for which I bought them (including driving to the Alps). Touch wood, the latter at 10 years old goes in for its MOT tomorrow and after last year's belts, brakes and fluid changes hope it goes through unscathed.

I don't want fancy, and the manufacturers aren't yet doing basic in EV models. If I were a commuter I'd have probably got an EV by now, but I can only manage a single vehicle and the range of an older Leaf (for example) isn't quite enough for my needs. A year or so and the SH vehicles probably will meet my needs, which is why I haunt these boards..

·
Premium Member
2,432 Posts
I’ll be frankly amazed if the Citigo ends up being a. £15k retail car.

It’s probably irrelevant anyway as most car purchases are usually PCP or Lease anyway, so the list price becomes irrelevant, it’s how much it costs per month.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
About this Discussion
38 Replies
15 Participants
Marli
Speak EV - Electric Car Forums
A community for enthusiasts of all makes and models of EV from BMW to Tesla, Renault, Nissan, Mitsubishi and more. Join the electrifying discussion today!
Full Forum Listing