Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Octopus Electric Vehicles
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As I'm sure many of you will be aware, every model of the Nissan LEAF 40kWh went up in price by £500 at the end of December.

Prior to this change, Octopus Electric Vehicles secured stock of new LEAF at the cheaper price for our customers.

We are now offering, what we believe to be, some of the most competitive rates on the market for customers looking for a lease, both personal and through a business, for the Nissan LEAF 40kWh.

An example of this is below:

---------------------------Personal Contract Hire----------------------
------------------N-Connecta (With Arctic White Paint)-----------
---------------------------------4 Year Term--------------------------------
---------------------------8,000 Miles per annum-----------------------
--------------------------------£2,124 upfront-----------------------------
--------------------------------£354 per month---------------------------

Additionally, we have NO document fee on any of our vehicle leases.

We can also offer Zappi home-charging unit to interested customers which can be paired with our Octopus GO tariff to ensure your running costs are as low as £1.40 per charge*

For more information and a more personalised quote, please do get in touch via the details below and we'll do the rest!

[email protected]

0203 870 3892

*Charging costs based on Zappi charger dispensing 28kWh of charge between 00:30 and 04:30 on Octopus GO tariff.
Octopus Electric Vehicles Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, registration number
809736, registered address 33 Holborn, London EC1N 2HT. Octopus Electric Vehicles Limited in our service to you is
a credit broker and is not a lender. Octopus Electric Vehicles Limited can introduce you to a panel of lenders and may
receive a commission for the introduction.
Contract hire terms and eligibility subject to circumstances

·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Ridiculous price, can’t believe they came in here with that, nearly £20k on a lease on a 30k car...

Possibly the worst deal I have ever seen on a EV
Hey Gideon,

Before finalising a price on our quote we searched the market to ensure we were pricing ourselves as competitively as possible.

Our lease quote includes arctic white paint and no document fee, which when you factor in against some of the other market leaders, comes in as some of the strongest pricing available.

To those EV drivers making their first transition to electric, we can also look to sweeten the deal with a free home charge point.

Best,

Freddie

·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
After 4 years and £19,116 do you keep the car? Seems expensive for a simple hire.
Hey RichA,

We can certainly look into it. With some of our personal contract hire deals there is still the option to purchase the vehicle at the end of your term.

As mentioned in a couple of comments below, our lease quote includes arctic white paint and no document fee, which when you factor in against some of the other market leaders, comes in as some of the strongest pricing available.

Do feel free to drop me an email ([email protected]) if you want to chat further.

Kind regards,

Freddie

·
Registered
625 Posts
I'd be interested in pricing for the LEAF 62kWh. The offer above is for the current model about to be replaced by thew new 40kWh and 62kWh in March.

·
Super Moderator
12,208 Posts
After 4 years and £19,116 do you keep the car? Seems expensive for a simple hire.

Customers coming out of a LEAF 30 can get £1500 deposit contribution from Nissan. That might be enough to tip the balance towards PCP from a Nissan dealer. It might be a bit more per month, but the GFV will be under £10,000.

·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
think that was less as well !! - but the link has now disappeared, so I must have been right !!
Hey Jeff,

We don't like to directly knock competition, so we've taken the links down for that reason.

You're right though, by direct comparison the prices were cheaper. However, as outlined above, the comparison was not quite like-for-like.

Out quote includes Arctic White paint, no document fee and a free Zappi charger, for those who don't have home charging facilities already. For that reason, on paper, ours is slightly more, but, when you take into account these extras, we're pretty level.

Our goal is to help people transition to driving emission free, and do so by offering some of the best prices we can. If we could make the cars cheaper to produce, trust me we would, however we have to work with what is set for us and try to offer the best transition tools possible (charger & energy) alongside this.

I don't want to seem as if we're not be transparent here, if you have any further questions please do feel free to get in touch either on [email protected] or on 0203 8703892.

Best,

Freddie

·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'd be interested in pricing for the LEAF 62kWh. The offer above is for the current model about to be replaced by thew new 40kWh and 62kWh in March.
Hey Grant,

If you're happy to send me an email at [email protected], with your email and phone number I can add you to our mail out list for when we get pricing on the bigger battery model?

Kind regards,

Freddie

·
Registered
625 Posts
Hey Grant,

If you're happy to send me an email at [email protected], with your email and phone number I can add you to our mail out list for when we get pricing on the bigger battery model?

Kind regards,

Freddie
You've already got it; you've quoted me on a car and my energy switch to you is effective 1 Feb

·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Super Moderator
12,208 Posts
Drive Electric charge £114 document fee, so that needs to be considered. So does delivery and collection.

In any case it is worth getting full quotes with realistic miles p.a. Take a careful look at fees and the excess mileage charge.

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
EVs are getting too rich for my pocket ... back to ICE for me next year?! ....
It's either that or the decision I faced, being on a hamster wheel of used ones.
Not something I wanted to do, spending the same amount on PCP for a used EV as a new ICE just grated too much.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts