Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Agreed - have been waiting for this.

If you follow Tesla sales on BCA auction sites there are circa. 10 per month coming up - old 60, 75 and 85s coming off lease.

Hope we’ll see more sub 35k cars soon......

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
I am very much looking forward to having one of these next year :D going to be my christmas/new years present to myself.

·
Banned
4,591 Posts
Does anyone know how this works? Do Tesla set an different price per car for an extended warranty depending on mileage / condition etc? Or is it a fixed price.
The extended warrant is run by AXA, I believe there is a fair number of conditions and some exclusion. Easiet way to get an idea of cost is to call AXA, its not cheap though. From feedback on the FaceBook group your looking at 4 figure sum per year extra and than mandatory servicing cost on top.

Cheapest way for warranty is to buy used direct from Tesla and get a car that comes with 4 year 50K warranty.

·
Deposit down on a 66 plate Model S 75......
50 Posts
I'm hoping to buy a sub £40K Model S with Next Gen (aka Recaro) seats so this listing at <£33K is encouraging.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Be still, my beating wallet!

Seriously though, that's an incredible price for what looks like a mint example.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I can’t see how it’s attractive to buy a used S anywhere else other than direct from Tesla of the warranty is going to be > £1k a year.

Some CPO prices are quite reasonable compared to the private / trade market.

Not commenting on the one for £33k in this post, just private / trade sales in general.

·
Registered
11,302 Posts
I can’t see how it’s attractive to buy a used S anywhere else other than direct from Tesla of the warranty is going to be > £1k a year.

Some CPO prices are quite reasonable compared to the private / trade market.

Not commenting on the one for £33k in this post, just private / trade sales in general.
Although if you were about to sell your Tesla you could purchase the extended warranty first?

·
Registered
904 Posts
Buying outside Tesla works best within the first two years and below 25k miles, after that the cars need to be a fair bit cheaper. Its a long story but Tesla couldn't even show me the car I wanted to buy until I'd paid a deposit, they ended up releasing it to the independent I bought it from and I paid nearly 10k less than Tesla were advertising it for, and what did I lose? 1 year and 12k miles of warranty. There are some very inflated prices out there outside Tesla but there are also some realistic dealers, hence why I record the date I see cars for sale as that gives buyers an idea how long they've been sitting there. I also show the cheapest and highest and average for a given model.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Agreed - have been waiting for this.

If you follow Tesla sales on BCA auction sites there are circa. 10 per month coming up - old 60, 75 and 85s coming off lease.

Hope we’ll see more sub 35k cars soon......
Is there any way of seeing the final hammer price on BCA? I have access to a friends trade account but can’t seem to find a way of seeing the final sale prices.

At sub 35k I’d be seriously tempted by a Model S. Only had a Zoe for a week and a half and I can see why the future is EV.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Buying outside Tesla works best within the first two years and below 25k miles, after that the cars need to be a fair bit cheaper. Its a long story but Tesla couldn't even show me the car I wanted to buy until I'd paid a deposit, they ended up releasing it to the independent I bought it from and I paid nearly 10k less than Tesla were advertising it for, and what did I lose? 1 year and 12k miles of warranty. There are some very inflated prices out there outside Tesla but there are also some realistic dealers, hence why I record the date I see cars for sale as that gives buyers an idea how long they've been sitting there. I also show the cheapest and highest and average for a given model.
Hi Jon,

Great site but I don't see the listed date on the results?

Also, guessing N HW1 means that it has the hardware but needs to be activated by Tesla?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Is there any way of seeing the final hammer price on BCA? I have access to a friends trade account but can’t seem to find a way of seeing the final sale prices.

At sub 35k I’d be seriously tempted by a Model S. Only had a Zoe for a week and a half and I can see why the future is EV.

Spotted this on EBAY, seem to be a BCA broking service to find cars avoid amateurs using BCA etc. Haven't used this so it is not a recommendation.... AD below:

"We can source from over 30,000 vehicles immediately available this week, the exact vehicle you are searching for and within your budget.

How it works:

1. Call us or email with your required vehicle and budget
  2. We will contact you with matches on our network and inform you of the sale day. Photographs & reports will be forwarded to you.
  3. If you wish to proceed, we will take your maximum bid (including our buyers fee, VAT, delivery charge and our £150 handling fee)
  4. We secure the vehicle on the sale day and have it delivered directly to you by the auction house
  5. If we are unsuccessful we return your payment on the same day as the sale

Your search for your next vehicle ends here - let us do the work for you!
0800 193 0195 or email [email protected]. "

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I have more miles to do now, so I'm thinking of buying a Tesla Model S to tide me over until the Model 3 (or the 60kWh Leaf) arrives. Common sense suggests I buy a used 85 or P85 from Tesla, but I do see cheaper examples available thanks to @Jon G 's excellent 'savemylegs' tool. Can anybody please advise whether the saving of buying from a random dealer are worth the risk? Does anybody know of a 'good problem-free' car they previously sold or traded in that is now up for sale?

1 - 20 of 144 Posts