Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

141 - 144 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
I can see repair costs coming down, with independent garages opening over the next few years, 3rd party Model S parts etc.
I hear what your saying , but it's expensive to get likes 7series fix from third party with respect to parts.

What I'm getting at, the newer the car the potential have less repair bills. The less expensive the car was new more chance parts be cheaper.

I too would like model s /model 3 but I don't want be paying that money out.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
600 Posts
Hmm...Air Con unit on a Ion/Miev/Zero must be the exception that proves the rule then, as it is £3,000 bill on a car which is £15,000 new... and £6,000 second hand.
We can this about many cars. There is alot of examples of BER .

But you just live with it.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
That is the point though, doesn’t matter what you buy, if you intend keeping it for a long time then the risk of something oily and expensive breaking is high.

My thoughts are with an EV there are less oily bits to break, but I mostly used that as an excuse to buy one! That and the likely fuel bill ended up with me choosing the Model S over and M5.

50k in and out of warranty for a year, one parking brake issue which I was quoted £1,400, which turn out to be fixed but stripping the calipers and prodigious use of contact cleaner, that sorted it!

141 - 144 of 144 Posts