Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get a zappi installed to make use of my excess solar while the car is at home in the daytime. I've just had a quote for a whopping £650 on top of the OLEV grant. Surely there must be someone who can do it for more like £300?

Failing that what is the cheapest price for a regular 7kW charger + installation at the moment?

Can anyone recommend an installer who covers the Norwich area or does anyone want to give me a quote?

·
EVEZY code -£50 off: d409e
1,626 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
I was having similar problems in my area. I spoke to MyEnergi and they were very helpful recommending not just local installers but suggesting some that they knew who had stressed they would travel.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was having similar problems in my area. I spoke to MyEnergi and they were very helpful recommending not just local installers but suggesting some that they knew who had stressed they would travel.
Do you mind sharing how much it actually cost in the end?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Please have a look at our website megaev.co.uk we are instsalling Zappis for as little as £290 after the OLEV grant

·
Registered
304 Posts
Must admit, the quotes I got were high as well.....but then, Hyundai won't put in writing any hope for an earlier delivery than late Aug for our EV, so I guess no rush yet, April would be the earliest to deploy anything!

To the installers here: do you charge extra for an earth rod (eg, the current Zappi)?
Any price yet on the new Zappi-2 (I'm hearing about £200 more, for essentially a holster and no need for earth rod?)
& are you confident the not-quite here Zappi-2 *really* doesn't need an earth rod o_O

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Please have a look at our website megaev.co.uk we are instsalling Zappis for as little as £290 after the OLEV grant
Maybe you could advertise that on here, I've seen several people being given high quotes. When we had ours installed the said it was a very simple charger to install, but they are used to installing solar as well so that probably helped with them understanding the Zappi.

To the OP, I used EV driver, they're in the Woodbridge area if you want a local price comparison. Mine wasn't a standard install so no good as a comparison.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
To the OP, I used EV driver, they're in the Woodbridge area if you want a local price comparison. Mine wasn't a standard install so no good as a comparison.
Ah, it was EV Driver that quoted the £1150 total price.

I am currently in discussions with Mega EV about the installation. Fingers crossed they can deliver on this...

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm looking to get a zappi installed to make use of my excess solar while the car is at home in the daytime. I've just had a quote for a whopping £650 on top of the OLEV grant. Surely there must be someone who can do it for more like £300?

Failing that what is the cheapest price for a regular 7kW charger + installation at the moment?

Can anyone recommend an installer who covers the Norwich area or does anyone want to give me a quote?
Hi, on average my installs cost between £300-£400 for a 'standard' zappi first edition. But without seeing the job and knowing the layout it's hard to say if that price is expensive. There is no 'standard' figure as each house will be different it depends on age of electrical system, cable lengths, consumer unit etc. But for example if your consumer unit is in the garage and the EVSE in on the outside wall say 5 metres away and not PME then I'd say £300-£400 is a reasonable price.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi, on average my installs cost between £300-£400 for a 'standard' zappi first edition. But without seeing the job and knowing the layout it's hard to say if that price is expensive. There is no 'standard' figure as each house will be different it depends on age of electrical system, cable lengths, consumer unit etc. But for example if your consumer unit is in the garage and the EVSE in on the outside wall say 5 metres away and not PME then I'd say £300-£400 is a reasonable price.
Thanks for the info. The charger will go on the wall directly behind the CU < 1m of cabling. I have now ordered from mega ev for £290 after confirming with photos of my wiring that it falls within their standard installation price. I'll report back here once done to let people know if they do a good job.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
And here it is, merrily diverting our excess solar generation into the car.
20190222_130759.jpg
I paid the extra £15 for the second ct clamp to allow it to monitor the solar generation as well as net import/export; so the total cost to me was £305.
Mega EV did a great job for a great price and I would definitely recommend them.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Current text copied below ;

Prices start at £459 for the Zappi 1.0, which includes VAT , a 5m charging cable. The Zappi 2.0 starts from £539 for the untethered version. You can upgrade the Zappi 1.0 to an 8m cable for an additional £30.

The Zappi 2.0 is available as a tethered charger for £559. All prices include a standard installation (that's less than 15m of cable run pinned to the wall, with no civil works or electrical remedial works required), and the £500 OLEV Electric Vehicle Home Charge Scheme grant.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts