Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Anderson looks interesting but I've fired off a few emails to Zappi installers nearby for install costs. Lets see what they come back with. Failing that I'll also follow up with Octopus as they're looking like a good deal. Thanks for the assist.... (y)

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
I wish the OLEV grant was simpler.
I have had a Rolec for 4 years. I have solar and I have 2 EV.
I have enquired about using the OLEV grant on my second EV to replace the Rolec with a Zappi and come up against brick walls.
Answer was " you would have to get a full new installation".

Just supply would be enough anyway. I am a spark so could even fit the thing myself.

Guess there's no huge profit from taxpayers cash down that route.

·
Registered
23 Posts
So.... just as an update... I contacted the four closest Zappi installers and had 2 respond back quite quite quickly. 1 of those 2 was happy to pop over and conduct a site survey with an installation quote for both v1 and v2 units forwarded on surprisingly quickly.

The install/supply costs are virtually identical at just over 400 quid (in my particular case) so I've opted for v2 which will involve a wait for preorders to ship out. I did note that the v1 unit seems to be cheaper to buy but with a higher install cost due to earthing rod issues as already discussed. The v2 unit is more expensive but seems to have a lower install cost. I was going to compare costs with the other 3 'authorised installers' but they just don't seem interested in getting back to me.

Top marks to installer (so far) that has actually bothered to follow up on my enquiry and advise accordingly.... they will more than likely get my business.

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
I just want to buy a Zappi 2 outright.
I am eligible for a second OLEV grant but can't see anyone going down that route.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
I just want to buy a Zappi 2 outright.
I am eligible for a second OLEV grant but can't see anyone going down that route.
I'm happy to quote you a price for a Zappi 2 (stock should be available in the last week of June) - black/white, tethered/connector/untethered, 1 or 3 phase? Plus how many CTs.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
I am interested in a Zappi and based in Chelmsford and looking for a quote.
That price stands if you're happy with a V1, the V2 is significantly more expensive. The issue we hit is that there is often a need to install new wiring and consumer unit so the price can go up quite quickly. If you can provide photos we can be more specific (if you want to progress please contact me at trevor.larkum [at] fuelincluded.com).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Trevor, thank you for your reply. I am going to Fully Charged this coming weekend, are you planning to be there, if so we can follow up then?

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Trevor, thank you for your reply. I am going to Fully Charged this coming weekend, are you planning to be there, if so we can follow up then?
Currently no plans to be there, no, as we're at a small event near London. Next year, though, we're thinking we may take a stand.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Apologies for jumping the thread... Iooking for a quote in the Cambridge area for Zappi v1 / v2. Also I’m looking to install at my girlfriends place on OLEV grant before moving there in 6 months time, would this be a problem or do I need to have my ev registered there beforehand? Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm looking to get a zappi installed to make use of my excess solar while the car is at home in the daytime. I've just had a quote for a whopping £650 on top of the OLEV grant. Surely there must be someone who can do it for more like £300?

Failing that what is the cheapest price for a regular 7kW charger + installation at the moment?

Can anyone recommend an installer who covers the Norwich area or does anyone want to give me a quote?
Hi contact [email protected]. They cover the norwich area based in Peterborough

·
Registered
3 Posts
Apologies for jumping the thread... Iooking for a quote in the Cambridge area for Zappi v1 / v2. Also I’m looking to install at my girlfriends place on OLEV grant before moving there in 6 months time, would this be a problem or do I need to have my ev registered there beforehand? Thanks
Hi I can cover the Cambridge area. Based in Peterborough and OLEV approved for Zappi. After the grant, if its a standard install your looking at paying between 3-400 pounds. Be aware in order to get the grant the Zappi has to be installed with a hub to make it compatible. As of july 2018 only smart enabled car chargers were grant claimable. story-electrical.com

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have just got a quote for a Zappi 2 charger replacement for £580: that is, no new wiring or RCD needed. The price includes a Harvi, and I have no idea what the benefits of Harvi are?
Harvi allows a wireless link to be established between a hub, ct clamps and the zappi

·
Registered
1 Posts
Update - Trevor listed here no longer installs

Jason,

Thanks for getting in touch.

However, we only install Zappis at the same time as home battery systems – they just aren’t cost effective to install on their own (not without adding a supplemental charge).

If you’re interested in a quote for a battery – great – otherwise I’m afraid we can’t help, sorry.

Kind regards,

Trevor

Dr Trevor Larkum
Chief Technical Officer

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm looking to get a zappi installed to make use of my excess solar while the car is at home in the daytime. I've just had a quote for a whopping £650 on top of the OLEV grant. Surely there must be someone who can do it for more like £300?

Failing that what is the cheapest price for a regular 7kW charger + installation at the moment?

Can anyone recommend an installer who covers the Norwich area or does anyone want to give me a quote?
Peter
Ha
Please have a look at our website megaev.co.uk we are instsalling Zappis for as little as £290 after the OLEV grant
Not cheap anymore Megaev quoted £806 to install zappi untethered excluding grant money seen it below £500 from API
Peter Rat

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Peter
Ha

Not cheap anymore Megaev quoted £806 to install zappi untethered excluding grant money seen it below £500 from API
Peter Rat
It's entirely possible that I got the cheapest ever Zappi installation. I do believe there are some more stringent requirements now, and the Zappi 2 is more expensive.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
It's entirely possible that I got the cheapest ever Zappi installation. I do believe there are some more stringent requirements now, and the Zappi 2 is more expensive.
You are right about regulation changes making it more complicated and the Zappi 2 being more expensive, lots of that being down to the regulations changing, £2-300 depending on the option chosen.

I thought I got mine reasonably cheaply, but I ran the cables myself as I wanted then hidden as much as possible not on show all the way along the front of the house.
All in it was still over £300 per Zappi
How low can you go?

41 - 57 of 57 Posts