Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

Checking BMS version

3K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  dm57 
#1 ·
Another thread on this sorry, I searched but couldn't find a definitive answer easily.. got leafspy pro and want to check the BMS version before the service next week.. so I go to the service menu and read ECU versions do I? What am I looking for when all the text comes up? Is it generic enough to post here to discuss if I need an update?
TIA

#7 ·
Keep that usage up and you should get it below the battery warranty level before the 100k miles is up.
IIRC that's 70% SOH?
It does seem very low for the mileage though.

#15 ·
Actually, looking at it again I'm not entirely sure. There's something odd about that image, it's showing multiple occurrences of the same data and there's some ECU's missing off the bottom. Can you try another scan and see what you get. Looking at the progress bar, it looks to me as if the scan hasn't completed anyway. What version of LEAF is this for?

#16 ·
Just ran it again, now have a line saying HV battery, so quite sure that it doesn't need the BMS update.

Sometimes when u read the ECU I get what happened in the first screenshot but repeating it seems to have worked.

This is a March 2017, 30 kWh Leaf Tekna with 37,000 miles. I was having some doubts because I still seem to have 96.83% SOH which seems high and didn't know if it was related to a missing BMS update. I have, however, looked after the battery so maybe that's why it hasn't degraded much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#18 ·
I have a 2017 30 tekna with 6A. My SOH fluctuates between 97-101%. I thought WTF but have decided to just drive the car mixed trips done daily 8 mile and 600 mile round trips over 48 hours rapid charging 6-7 times. Consistently showing 120 miles on GOM at 100% charge, drive sensible on long trips and estimate 1 mile per 1% never been caught out. Just enjoy the car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.