Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

New member here and completely new to the Zoe.

This forum seems one of the best for discussion, tips and advice !

I'll be picking up a brand new Zoe Dynamiq ZE 40 R110 in early March and travelling a fair way back from the dealer (120 miles) so want to make sure everything is present and correct before leaving the dealer.

So just want to get a checklist ready and seeking advice as to what to check for, that should come as standard with a new Zoe.

Questions I have at the moment are :-

- A full set of 4 car mats ? yes or no ?
- A satnav/R-link SD card or similar - where to look for it ?
- A locking wheel nut key ? and where to look for it ?
- A service book and set of manuals ? or have Renault gone electric with the service record like VW Golfs.
- A type 2 to type 2 car charger cable (I'm pretty sure this is standard). Should it come with a bag /cover case ?
- Any codes etc. for R-Link ?
- should R-link be working and already setup on the car or do I register online once I've picked it up ?
- What is/are the official Renault app(s) to download.
- Any other things I should be checking for the Zoe in addition to normal bodywork/alloys/VIN checks of course.

Looking forward to joining you all on the forum !

Cheers

Jon

·
Registered
282 Posts
Hello Jon, welcome. You shouldn't need to ask, but good idea anyway,check with dealer to make sure car fully charged when you pick it up. 120 miles home will be more relaxing without the need to stop for a charge . Are you having a charge point fitted at home? Chris.

·
Registered
2017 Renault Zoe (ZE40) Q90
1,193 Posts
If its DSG Morecambe then you should be in good hands :)
Around the back of the site i counted 25 brand new 68 plate Zoe's there over 10 days ago.

A full set of 4 car mats ? yes but might have changed

- A satnav/R-link SD card or similar = Next to USB slot

- A locking wheel nut key = mine was in the boot

- A service book and set of manuals ? Still use paper : service info in back of Zoe manual

- A type 2 to type 2 car charger cable : Might not come in a bag but the cable is standard

- Any codes etc. for R-Link ? = should be set up but might need to check online to setup password

- should R-link be working and setup on the car or do I register online once I've picked it up ?
should be set up

- What is/are the official Renault app(s) to download. Goggle Play store : ZE services
but due to change on the 12th Feb ?

·
Registered
204 Posts
For ZE Interactive you should be given paperwork with a code to use to activate it (sometimes a dealer will activate it for you, it takes a few days) .
I was also given a paper minimum service schedule (which describes A and B checks).

Ask them to show you keyless locking (it disables if you use a button on the key fob). Doesn't work on mine, dealership has been waiting for Renault to get back to them for a week.

·
Registered
533 Posts
120 miles home will be more relaxing without the need to stop for a charge .
If it's cold and you're going to be travelling on fast roads then I'd plan on a stop for a quick charge along the way as 120 miles might be a stretch on one charge. Look for a couple of charge points on ZapMap so you have a back-up in case one's out of service and get the appropriate app or RFID. If you're new to EVs then might want to check out EV Opinion's latest videos on YouTube about charging. Enjoy the Zoe, sure you'll love her!

·
Registered
170 Posts
If it's cold and you're going to be travelling on fast roads then I'd plan on a stop for a quick charge along the way as 120 miles might be a stretch on one charge. Look for a couple of charge points on ZapMap so you have a back-up in case one's out of service and get the appropriate app or RFID. If you're new to EVs then might want to check out EV Opinion's latest videos on YouTube about charging. Enjoy the Zoe, sure you'll love her!
Should be easily doable at 60, did 100 miles the other day at 2-3 degrees and had 40 miles left

·
Registered
170 Posts
On at a nice comfortable 21c, at night, so lights on, and intermittent rain, so wipers on and off :p

Even had the stereo blasting for part of it!

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Ev
On at a nice comfortable 21c, at night, so lights on, and intermittent rain, so wipers on and off :p

Even had the stereo blasting for part of it!
Even better if you have heated seats fitted .

Remember to have your phone fully charged and Zapmap & Plugshare apps installed.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I do actually have the heated seats, mostly for my other half's benefit though, I've tried them a couple of times and they're too warm for me even on the lowest setting :p

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Your activation stuff OP should come in the pack you get with all the other documentation. If the dealer is any good at their job this should be pointed out to you when you do the handover

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hello Jon, welcome. You shouldn't need to ask, but good idea anyway,check with dealer to make sure car fully charged when you pick it up. 120 miles home will be more relaxing without the need to stop for a charge . Are you having a charge point fitted at home? Chris.
Yes, Chargemaster have already fitted the home charger :). The dealer has confirmed they will have it fully charged so it should get me home at a steady 55-60mph I hope.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi all,

New member here and completely new to the Zoe.

This forum seems one of the best for discussion, tips and advice !

I'll be picking up a brand new Zoe Dynamiq ZE 40 R110 in early March and travelling a fair way back from the dealer (120 miles) so want to make sure everything is present and correct before leaving the dealer.

So just want to get a checklist ready and seeking advice as to what to check for, that should come as standard with a new Zoe.

Questions I have at the moment are :-

- A full set of 4 car mats ? yes or no ?
- A satnav/R-link SD card or similar - where to look for it ?
- A locking wheel nut key ? and where to look for it ?
- A service book and set of manuals ? or have Renault gone electric with the service record like VW Golfs.
- A type 2 to type 2 car charger cable (I'm pretty sure this is standard). Should it come with a bag /cover case ?
- Any codes etc. for R-Link ?
- should R-link be working and already setup on the car or do I register online once I've picked it up ?
- What is/are the official Renault app(s) to download.
- Any other things I should be checking for the Zoe in addition to normal bodywork/alloys/VIN checks of course.

Looking forward to joining you all on the forum !

Cheers

Jon
Out of interest what's your order/delivery time like? When did you put in the order? I'm hoping mine will creep across the border before the 'b' word...

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I do actually have the heated seats, mostly for my other half's benefit though, I've tried them a couple of times and they're too warm for me even on the lowest setting :p
Same here got them mainly for my wife , she has a Tyroid condition so feels the cold more.
With heated seats i have had no complaints about the heating.

I drive mainly with just a t-shirt on in eco at 24 - max , auto off , fan speed 3 , heated seats on 2 or 3. and you can feel the heat rising from the seats. :)

But then i was a outdoor delivery postman for over 25 years.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I drive mainly with just a t-shirt on in eco at 24 - max , auto off , fan speed 3 , heated seats on 2 or 3. and you can feel the heat rising from the seats.
Softy! I leave it on 18 deg C, Auto. I put the heated seat onto "1" until I can just feel some heat (maybe after a minute) then turn it off again - otherwise it gets too warm!

120 miles should be fine. Last charge ours would have done 150+ last charge, which included about 40 miles at 70 on the motorway, 40 miles around town, 40 miles at 60 mph on motorway, 30 miles left on the gauge.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts