Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Does anyone have any experience of the rapid charger at Cheltenham Racecourse? Looking to use this on Sunday but Chargemaster show it is within their car park, not sure if this is restricted access.

Thanks, Ian.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
To answer my own question, no it is not retraced access and works just dandy!! Thank you ChargeMaster for putting this in. Cheltenham a bit light on charging points!!

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Ian.

Indeed Cheltenham IS light on charging points. The Council has budget to install chargers but they are arguing with Gloucester County Council over who's land they're going to install them on - Cheltenham owns the car parks (and does not want to lose car park revenue in them) and Gloucester (likewise) owns the parking spaces on the roads. My suggestion of installing an EVEN number of spots, spread evenly between the two parties did not go down well.

As far as charging is concerned we have:

- The Bradley (Type 2 ZCW)
- The Chapter (Type 2 ZCW but blocked by their iMiev)
- The Racecourse
- My house - please feel free to pop over, grab a cuppa and a charge. We have a Sainsbury and other shops nearby to get some provisions

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Jason, Thanks for the clarification on Cheltenham and charging, Seems there are more than I thought looking at you list. Also there is your house for a charge, a cuppa and a biscuit

1 - 5 of 5 Posts