Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Looking at the plans the EV charging has been replaced by the cycle parking. Looks like it's one or the other in LIDL world. Need to have a chat with the cycle campaign to ensure that we don't campaign against each other inadvertently...
What they have done is added a lot more Parent spots near the door and an additional bike racks away from the door. I drive EV because of the local Hills and unable to cycle up them home, but no point going to Lidl now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hopefully some of you saw the article in Derbyshire Times I was responsible for. The charge points in St Marys and Durrant car parks are allowed to be ICE’d by the council. It’s the most stupid idea I’ve seen, Chesterfield Borough Council are useless at the best of times but this just takes the biscuit!

What’s the point in going to the expense off fitting charge points if an EV cant access it!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I asked two questions at Chesterfield Borough Council's meeting on Wednesday about the new town centre charge points and the Lidl no show. The answer to the new points was that it was Chargemaster's idea to share the spaces with ICE cars, but that it would be monitored and over time the spaces would be converted to EVs only. I made the point that as things stood, it was likely the spaces would be taken by petrol or diesel cars and so the chargers would be a waste of public money. They did say, though, that all the chargers (9, I think, with more in future) in the new Saltergate car park would be EV only parking spaces, and 22kWh.

On Lidl, I asked whether the council couldn't have done more to ensure the charger was included, as per the original plans. They said they couldn't give me an answer there and then but would write to me. I'll stick their answer on here when I get it.

Not really fair to blame the cycle campaign for losing the rapid at Lidl. The original plans showed the cycle shelter in a different place altogether. The campaign is itself unhappy that although racks have been installed near the previous charger sir, there's no cover over them. Looks like Lidl is penny pinching all round. My mate Dave, an i3 Rex driver, is incandescent at the absence of the Lidl rapid. '😠😠😠😠' as he told me!

·
Registered
701 Posts
I had another look through the fence yesterday. Tarmacing seems to be finished and most of bay marking done. No sign of any EV bays.

·
Registered
701 Posts
The new Lidl store opened today.

No sign of any sort of charger of course. There are three reserved spaces next to the substation (at extreme SE of site) - but they're marked "staff only" and no sign of any cable ducts nearby that might have suggested a future addition. There's also several 'ordinary' parking spaces on the other side of s/s - but no sign of cable ducts there either.

Also no sign of any cycle racks in that area. There are a few metal bars sticking out of ground at NE of building but no covers over them. Needless to say there's a really impressive shelter for storing trolleys.

·
Registered
701 Posts
. . . . .Also no sign of any cycle racks in that area. There are a few metal bars sticking out of ground at NE of building but no covers over them. Needless to say there's a really impressive shelter for storing trolleys.
Visited again today and noticed a second cycle area - this one on West side of building - but it's a similar design.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Zap-Map don't seem to know about it yet but Morrisons, Chatsworth Road, Chesterfield now has a Geniepoint charger. Reasonably remote from store entrance but signage leaves a lot to be desired. At £1 + 30ppu, I shan't be using it but for anyone heading out into Peak District and wanting to do so fully charged (or struggling back almost empty !) it might be worth knowing about. Perhaps almost makes up for loss of the promised Lidl charger (they're only quarter of a mile or so apart).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Zap-Map don't seem to know about it yet but Morrisons, Chatsworth Road, Chesterfield now has a Geniepoint charger. Reasonably remote from store entrance but signage leaves a lot to be desired. At £1 + 30ppu, I shan't be using it but for anyone heading out into Peak District and wanting to do so fully charged (or struggling back almost empty !) it might be worth knowing about. Perhaps almost makes up for loss of the promised Lidl charger (they're only quarter of a mile or so apart).
Do you know what power this is, Eric?

·
Registered
701 Posts
Another spot I don't visit very often but did this morning is Markham Vale (aka M1 J29A)

Still no sign of the proposed Engenie charger at the 'Little Castle' PH (allegedly postponed because of problems accessing a power supply) but there are now two Newish (known to Zapmap so obviously not brand new) Instavolt chargers in the KFC car park next door. Bizarre : as the KFC chargers are a little further from the road than are the LC ones and it's very hard to believe that there isn't a 3 phase main running along that road !

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Zap-Map don't seem to know about it yet but Morrisons, Chatsworth Road, Chesterfield now has a Geniepoint charger. Reasonably remote from store entrance but signage leaves a lot to be desired. At £1 + 30ppu...
Had a look today and followed through the menu. It has Geniepoint functionality and Credit Card payment, except ...

When you press on Credit card it gives the price (in Euros) then tells you to tap on the CC reader (there isn't one) and re-starts. Really well designed then.

·
Registered
701 Posts
There's now a pair of 7kWh chargers at the Chesterfield Tesco. Not yet tried one out but I drove past it yesterday. Will plug in next time I visit.

Clay Cross Tesco (a few miles South of Chesterfield had a fenced off area with a notice suggesting there would be a charger of some sort there soon.

In Bolsover (a few miles East of Chesterfield) a new Morrisons store opened this week. It has a couple of spaces marked "reserved for EV charging" but there's no actual charger thee yet - just a yellow post.

·
Registered
25 Posts
There's now a pair of 7kWh chargers at the Chesterfield Tesco. Not yet tried one out but I drove past it yesterday. Will plug in next time I visit.

Clay Cross Tesco (a few miles South of Chesterfield had a fenced off area with a notice suggesting there would be a charger of some sort there soon.

In Bolsover (a few miles East of Chesterfield) a new Morrisons store opened this week. It has a couple of spaces marked "reserved for EV charging" but there's no actual charger thee yet - just a yellow post.
The Tesco ones will probably be for PodPoint AC chargers.
My local Morrisons has a 4 EV Charging points(AC). Two of these are in Disabled bays. Since they were put in no one parks there now not even blue badge holders. Brilliant planning (not)

·
Registered
701 Posts
The Tesco ones will probably be for PodPoint AC chargers.
My local Morrisons has a 4 EV Charging points(AC). Two of these are in Disabled bays. Since they were put in no one parks there now not even blue badge holders. Brilliant planning (not)
Yes, the Chesterfield Tesco has two separate charging points - each with two 7 kW outlets. Strangely, one point is the 'traditional' PodPoint post (like you see at Sainsburys but with a different paint job of course) but the other is a huge rectangular structure that I thought at first might be a rapid (but it isn't).

I used the new type this morning and it charged OK except that it was offline so would't let me claim a charge although it didn't stop charging at 15mins. Although not marked up as BEV spaces, you could probably park in the 'wrong row' if the official bay was ICEd although since the chargers are well away from the store entrance, that's not likely to be a problem.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts