Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there any reason why i cant use a type 1 to type 2 charge lead on a chevy volt so i can use a type 2 public charge point?
many thanks

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok...maybe i need to get one cable and try....i have a few 32 amp type 2 sockets which are free to use at my local Sainsburys when shopping...

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
The 16a ones sometimes don’t work on 32a posts. I don’t know why, I guess it’s a coms issue.
Huh? That's not supposed to happen!!! The only electrical difference should be the resistor value oin one of the control lines, to tell the chargepoint what's the max current that this cable can handle (it will actually indicate 20A or 32A). Sounds like a bug in the chargepoint system if a 16A cable fails to work properly.

·
Super Moderator
5,730 Posts
Huh? That's not supposed to happen!!! The only electrical difference should be the resistor value oin one of the control lines, to tell the chargepoint what's the max current that this cable can handle (it will actually indicate 20A or 32A). Sounds like a bug in the chargepoint system if a 16A cable fails to work properly.
Could well be, all I know is effects the stupid cable I have and I wished I had read up on the issue before I spent my money

1 - 6 of 6 Posts