Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else's Chinese not completely current mines certainly not

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anyway, when does your degree in Oriental Languages arrive?
I have send some money to a nigerian general first and it will arrive with a large bag of cash bonus

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
垃圾邮件 this is Chinese Spam still don't know the recipe but it doesn't seem to last very long

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
Had a parcel from China a couple of weeks ago, wrapped up in that orangey-yellowy parcel tape they love. So I sprayed it liberally with neat alcohol before picking it up & depositing in washbasin, where I disected it with a scalpel & dosed the insides as I went. I discovered that the yellow pigmented-gluey stuff gets everywhere!!!

I'm amazed the parcel arrived at all, considering it was posted in the year 1 BC - Before Coronavirus ! 🤣

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
Had a parcel from China
Even the most pessimistic/optimistic findings have a survival on surfaces for these viruses at only a few days. The only virus risk on that parcel would be on the outside from where an infected UK person had handled it.

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
No chance - it'll be subsumed inside English! Just look at how many words we've nicked from the Greeks, Romans, Vikings, Indians, and just about every other language on the planet!

·
Registered
17,431 Posts
Looks like China have largely 'solved' the COVID-19 problem.

The same cannot be said for the worlds greatest Superpower.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts