Kia Soul EV 2020
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got this email from VW UK:
It’s time to choose your
ID.3 1ST Edition colour combination
Order number: xxxxxxxx

Hello,

We’re pleased to announce the exclusive ordering window for your ID.3 1ST Edition is likely to begin mid-July. This is once we have the necessary legal requirements and available Government grants for electric vehicles in the UK.

To protect you and the people we work with, we may not be able to invite you to your local retailer to confirm your order. As you know, this was our original plan – but given the current circumstances, unfortunately this may not be possible.

When the dates are finalised, your local retailer will be in touch to discuss your options for confirming your order. However, to speed up preparations for your new ID.3 1ST Edition, we'd now like you to select your preferred colours from the choices below.

Your selection isn’t binding, it simply helps schedule your car ahead of time. And if you change your mind about the colour, simply click your new choice on this email before 29 May 2020. We’ll then confirm your updated choice.

You can find all the latest on the ID.3 and confirming your order here and we’ll provide further updates as soon as they become available. We hope you are all staying safe in these uncertain times.

Reactions: rupertpoon

·
Registered
52 Posts
Me too but you can’t explore the colour or see interior shots.... just thumbnails

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All I can see are the thumbnails next to the cars. Not very big.

But I have reviewed a lot of them in the online brochure.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just got this email from VW UK:
It’s time to choose your
ID.3 1ST Edition colour combination
Order number: xxxxxxxx

Hello,

We’re pleased to announce the exclusive ordering window for your ID.3 1ST Edition is likely to begin mid-July. This is once we have the necessary legal requirements and available Government grants for electric vehicles in the UK.

To protect you and the people we work with, we may not be able to invite you to your local retailer to confirm your order. As you know, this was our original plan – but given the current circumstances, unfortunately this may not be possible.

When the dates are finalised, your local retailer will be in touch to discuss your options for confirming your order. However, to speed up preparations for your new ID.3 1ST Edition, we'd now like you to select your preferred colours from the choices below.

Your selection isn’t binding, it simply helps schedule your car ahead of time. And if you change your mind about the colour, simply click your new choice on this email before 29 May 2020. We’ll then confirm your updated choice.

You can find all the latest on the ID.3 and confirming your order here and we’ll provide further updates as soon as they become available. We hope you are all staying safe in these uncertain times.
Yes I also got my e-mail. I'm getting more and more underwhelmed. My wife doesn't like any of the colours and the car was for her.. Will probably cancel when the time comes unless the price is way less than expected.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Not had an email as yet. Reading the brochure, it seems to include a "granny cable" but no mention of a Type 2.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Not had an email as yet. Reading the brochure, it seems to include a "granny cable" but no mention of a Type 2.
At the Prebookers event we weer told it contained a Type 2 cable - the UK brochure says "Mode 3 Type2, 16A" - So I assume that's 3Phase 16A, so great for 11Kw on a 3 phase post - but only 3.5Kw on a single phase home charger
They confirmed that a "Granny Charger" would be an optional extra.

At the Prebookers event they said that paint would be £600 - that's now gone up to £620

Not impressed with any of the colour options at the moment - Still got my pre-booking slot, but with the current situation I'm doubtful whether I will place an order.
I'm expecting trade in offers to be low - and I'm not really using my car at the moment anyway..... will wait until the series cars are available - and they have some cars to test drive....... Unless there are some tempting deals put forward by the dealer!

·
Registered
178 Posts
The brochure is confusing it seems to mention Mode 3 Type 2, 16 A cable for the standard ID.3 then for the ID.3 1st it mentions a charging cable again. I will be able to place my ID.3 1st order on the 15th June in Portugal, so hopefully I should be able to give you the heads up.

·
Registered
178 Posts
At the Prebookers event we weer told it contained a Type 2 cable - the UK brochure says "Mode 3 Type2, 16A" - So I assume that's 3Phase 16A, so great for 11Kw on a 3 phase post - but only 3.5Kw on a single phase home charger
They confirmed that a "Granny Charger" would be an optional extra.

At the Prebookers event they said that paint would be £600 - that's now gone up to £620

Not impressed with any of the colour options at the moment - Still got my pre-booking slot, but with the current situation I'm doubtful whether I will place an order.
I'm expecting trade in offers to be low - and I'm not really using my car at the moment anyway..... will wait until the series cars are available - and they have some cars to test drive....... Unless there are some tempting deals put forward by the dealer!
If only we had known 6 months ago, I could have got a good price then for my petrol car and borrowed my Wife's old banger. I think waiting for the standard ID.3s and speccing it exactly as you want it is probably the most sensible thing to do, by then there should be some real reviews in.

I think I will still keep to my 1st as it seems to have everything I need. I just get a feeling that if I was to do the same spec on the standard ID.3 it will come in more expensive. There are things I do not need on the 1st, but are nice to have :)

·
Registered
542 Posts
Hi Marcus
In Portugal do you have 3-phase charging at home? I know its more popular in Europe. In the UK, at home, the standard is single phase, but 32A.

In the UK we are only being offered the "Plus" version of the 1st.... Who knows why, because they are making Max versions, in RHD for Ireland....

A 1st Edition should be "special" - and all the exciting features are on the Max.

I dont tend to swap cars very often, so I would want to buy one that I'm happy with, and not have to keep thinking "I wish I had waited and gone for ....."

I think its the Traffic Assist that I would particularly like.

Julian

·
Registered
8 Posts
At the pre bookers event VW did say that the configuration tool for the series model would be available so we could make an informed decision about the 1st edition. I felt that the interior was a bit dark with the black roof lining so I quite fancy a glass roof. If the price is closer to 40k than 30k then I think that I will delay my purchase.

·
Registered
52 Posts
A 1st Edition should be "special" - and all the exciting features are on the Max.

I feel the same way, not feeling excited enough I think. Wish it had traffic In the UK spec.

Although, I also have a deposit for the polestar 2 so I may be trying to justify the extra cost of the polestar. Once I know the final price of the ID.3 that’s when I’ll decide if I’m in or out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hi Marcus
In Portugal do you have 3-phase charging at home? I know its more popular in Europe. In the UK, at home, the standard is single phase, but 32A.

In the UK we are only being offered the "Plus" version of the 1st.... Who knows why, because they are making Max versions, in RHD for Ireland....

I dont tend to swap cars very often, so I would want to buy one that I'm happy with, and not have to keep thinking "I wish I had waited and gone for ....."

Julian
My home in Portugal was 3-phase, I never understood why as it meant the electric box would trip out very often. When we installed our solar panels we were told we should switch to single phase, this made the solar panel installation about 800 euros cheaper; the switch to single phase cost me around 250 euros. When I changed to single phase the fixed part of my monthly bill reduced by around 12 euros. In Portugal I think you can switch easily between single and 3 phase provided you have a qualified electrician to do it and organise it with the electric company.

My electricity company sells a wall box for home installation and there are two options:

• 7.4kw at 32 A is 699€
  • 3.7kw at 649 €
I do not know if any of the above require 3-phase. If you go for their solution they will offer 20% discount in your electric bill for 24 months during the night. I need to work out which option will be the cheapest for me, the ID.3 wall box or the electric companies wall box.

The electric company also have another interesting solution for people who live in flats and share a common underground parking space, very common in Portugal. They install a wall box in the car park which can be used by a number of residence and it is activated by placing a card against it. Each resident gets billed correctly. If you are interested check out their website, you can probably google translate into English:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hi Marcus

Julian
Same in Portugal we do not have the Max, we have the 1st and the 1st Plus. The Max was too expensive for me, so I went for the 1st.

·
Registered
5 Posts
How do you guys know the UK version of the 1st wont have Traffic Assist? I know it didn’t list it in the brochure but that doesn’t mean it wont be there. I haven’t seen a final spec of the UK 1st yet...

·
Registered
178 Posts
How do you guys know the UK version of the 1st wont have Traffic Assist? I know it didn’t list it in the brochure but that doesn’t mean it wont be there. I haven’t seen a final spec of the UK 1st yet...
It depends what we are referring to, if you are referring to "Traffic Jam Assist" then all ID.3 1st should come with it as it is part of ACC. This is where it helps you crawl along with your car in heavy traffic. All ID.3 should automatically be able to read road signs. "Travel Assist" which is a kind of limited version of self driving is only available on the ID.3 1st Max according to the Irish brochure. In the UK brochure there is no mention of "Travel Assist", and it seems the UK is only getting the ID.3 1st Plus version.

·
Registered
2017 Golf GTE
2,028 Posts
The electric company also have another interesting solution for people who live in flats and share a common underground parking space, very common in Portugal. They install a wall box in the car park which can be used by a number of residence and it is activated by placing a card against it. Each resident gets billed correctly. If you are interested check out their website, you can probably google translate into English:

Isn't that brilliant! Presumably a monopoly electricity supplier. Nationalised perhaps?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Isn't that brilliant! Presumably a monopoly electricity supplier. Nationalised perhaps?
It used to be the nationalised monopoly but for a while now it is in private ownership, I am not sure if the Portuguese state still has some shares in it. In Portugal we can choose other electricity providers. Per head of population Portugal has one of the highest number of EV ownership, ahead of the UK so it is probably attractive for electric companies to offer e-mobility solutions.

·
Registered
2017 Golf GTE
2,028 Posts
It used to be the nationalised monopoly but for a while now it is in private ownership, I am not sure if the Portuguese state still has some shares in it. In Portugal we can choose other electricity providers. Per head of population Portugal has one of the highest number of EV ownership, ahead of the UK so it is probably attractive for electric companies to offer e-mobility solutions.
Maybe one of our more EV friendly electricity companies could take this up. I can imagine a surrounding legal minefield, though.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts