Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Excited to hear there is a new post in Church Stretton at TheBurway Garage. It is on the A49 and helps address the complete lack of public charging in this part of Shropshire. (a beautiful part of the world by the way, very worth a 3 hour 32A full charge wait!).

Kudos to Zero Carbon World, Stretton Climate Care (who have been working to promote ev's and ev charging there).

·
Registered
73 Posts
I installed this charger a few weeks ago. The garage owner is a lovely chap who i'm sure will welcome any PH/EV driver. The chargers ended up getting installed just inside the roller shutter door so it's worth pointing out that these chargers can only be used during working hours. There were many reasons for this, the main ones being that the compound in which the garage is located is locked up outside working hours (so no point having them outside), the garage owner will be able to charge vehicles he is working on conveniently and drilling through a structural steel was the only way to get the cable out of the building.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mathew, appreciate that info is useful.

There is a plan to get a 24/7 charger at the coop there under plug in midlands I believe.

But in the meantime in working hours your post will make a real difference for me, both in my work in community health, and on leisure trips.

The Stiperstones Inn near by were also aiming to get a zero carbon world post installed before Christmas but struggling to get an electrician. Will mention the Phoenix Works to them if still the case next time I visit.

Shropshire has been so empty of chargers and needing them for a while. Not just for those of us living here. The A49 is an important trunk route route for many.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I installed this charger a few weeks ago. The garage owner is a lovely chap who i'm sure will welcome any PH/EV driver. The chargers ended up getting installed just inside the roller shutter door so it's worth pointing out that these chargers can only be used during working hours. There were many reasons for this, the main ones being that the compound in which the garage is located is locked up outside working hours (so no point having them outside), the garage owner will be able to charge vehicles he is working on conveniently and drilling through a structural steel was the only way to get the cable out of the building.
Thanks from us as well - we're 38 miles from Church Stretton - this point will enhance our ability to spend our lovely retired leisure in the Shropshire Hills!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts