Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For Sale: one white Citroën C-Zero WN62TWE.

First registered Nov 2012, currently MOTed until Jan 2018.

Comes with a 3kW EVSE for home charging (plugs into standard 13A socket), or it can use a charge point with a Type 1 plug if you have one. The car also has a CHAdeMO socket for rapid charging on longer journeys (typically 15 minutes for ~50% charge).

It's a fun little all-electric 4-seater city runaround. It squeezes through the narrowest of gaps and is dead easy to park! It's not the vehicle I'd choose to do regular long trips, but it can reach 80mph if required and is compatible with the rapid chargers provided by Ecotricity and others.

The quoted NEDC range is 93 miles. Realistically we reckon to get 75 miles under ideal conditions (warm, dry, no luggage, etc.)

Heating, air-conditioning, bluetooth for phone calls, radio, USB charging socket, electric windows, remote central locking, automatic folding mirrors.

The car is in Cambridge.

IMG_20170521_172049.jpg IMG_20170521_172107.jpg
IMG_20170522_135105.jpg IMG_20170522_135134.jpg IMG_20170522_135153.jpg IMG_20170522_135336.jpg

Discover more than you ever needed to know about the Citroën C-Zero with Kiwi EV Adventures!

·
Driving yet another EV!
2,886 Posts
These cars are great (although the particular one I bought was a bit of a lemon, and Citroen dealers can be... unhelpful!)

They are not really "Family Cars" as such, and you need to be dedicated to take one long distance (like I tended to). However at this price, and with the tiny running costs, I have to fight back the urge to buy loads of them and go around two-car families taking away their second car and replacing it with one of these for a few months just so they get the idea. They really are so great as the "nip to the shops" car and the "take the kids to school" car, and the "going to the gym" car etc. Sure, use the ICE for family trips to the seaside, but you will save ££££££!

Edit: Oh yes, and they are close to being idea first cars for late-teens except that I am not sure if the power is too much to trust to most of the new drivers I seem to see!

·
Registered
849 Posts
These cars are great (although the particular one I bought was a bit of a lemon, and Citroen dealers can be... unhelpful!)

They are not really "Family Cars" as such, and you need to be dedicated to take one long distance (like I tended to). However at this price, and with the tiny running costs, I have to fight back the urge to buy loads of them and go around two-car families taking away their second car and replacing it with one of these for a few months just so they get the idea. They really are so great as the "nip to the shops" car and the "take the kids to school" car, and the "going to the gym" car etc. Sure, use the ICE for family trips to the seaside, but you will save ££££££!

Edit: Oh yes, and they are close to being idea first cars for late-teens except that I am not sure if the power is too much to trust to most of the new drivers I seem to see!
I was thinking of getting one of these for a first car for my girls, but a quick look at insurance puts them at nearly twice the price of a similar ICE. I wouldn't normally think of paying this much for a first car, but being electric really appeals to me, but not the insurance. A real shame really.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For info, this car was sold at the weekend to a forum member for the full asking price, after enquiries from a total of five people. Thanks for your interest.

Thanks also to the purchaser for a straightforward, effortless sale. :)

·
Watford FC Supporter
101 Posts
Thank you for a great little ev and facilitating a long distance purchase. Although not an ideal motorway car it completed the Rickmansworth to Holyhead return trip effortlessly. 6 rapid charges the longest 19 minutes and a couple at 14. All ecotricity charge points were empty which was good for the journey but suprising for a Sunday.
It was most comfortable on a long stretch of 50 mph road works before the M1 and M6 split.
Good luck with the Zoe.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts