Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A fortnight with the car and I'm fed up with the radio being fm only. The written off panda had a pure highway 260dbi DAB radio which I want to reuse.

It looks like the stock radio is a standard din and the pure will fit...but are there any odd wiring things to watch out for ?
I'm aware ill lose the citroen assist button bit that's only got a couple of months to run.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
I'd pop the original radio out and see what the oem wiring looks like.

If its not din (two 8 pin blocks) then take a look at an ebay shop called liquidice2008 - Every adapter you could imagine. Use them all the time and highly recommend them.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No steering wheel controls nor gps needed so it's just a dab aerial that's needed, possibly a mic too if the car's oem one won't work.

The car is unknown to most parts/insurance inventories so I may need a decent installer's expertise

·
Registered
1,967 Posts

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50 2020, Volkswagen ID.3
404 Posts
If you would prefer a double-din sized unit, some of the Mitsubishi versions come with a taller radio surround, and I think that is available as a spare part. I'll try to post a link later today.

·
Registered
404 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks but no....we already have the radio from the old car that the C zero replaced.

Fwiw our Pure unit is an excellent radio. I'm really missing it. If you're after a dab upgrade it's very good value

·
Registered
404 Posts
DAB would be good - 6Music is our favourite station - keep us posted with how the radio swap goes

Reactions: Andy Parr

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
All done. I bought it with fitting from Halfords. The expert in our local store has moved on, and the staff there got very worried when I said it was an electric car, and declined to fit it ! I did explain it had conventional 12v electrics....

No matter. Oldham car audio centre had a go....all standard buts and used a pioneer dab aerial that takes power via the stereo. Installation took an hour, it works perfectly and - oddly - citroen assist still works !

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Great! Good to see car audio centre doing a good job too :)

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well...Oldham car music centre limited, primrose bank, oldham.

No connection except a satisfied customer. Small family run outfit but seemed to have the necessary knowledge. Cost about 100 quid mind. ..60 for aerial, mic (funny connector on car's built in mic) and harness, rest on labour.

No matter....I'm a radio man and it's worth every penny.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts