Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am hiring a c-zero in two weeks and I wondered if the c-zero is able to charge on a 22kw charger or if it tops out at 7kw and how long it takes to charge on these chargers?

Thank you for any answers

Sam

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I don't own a c-zero, but I'm pretty sure (like the early Leaf I own) they only charge at 3.3kW AC, but they also have chademo, which will charge up to 50kW DC.

Charge time on a 3.3kW charger will be about 8-10 hours from empty to full, or 20-30 mins to 80% on a DC rapid.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I don't own a c-zero, but I'm pretty sure (like the early Leaf I own) they only charge at 3.3kW AC, but they also have chademo, which will charge up to 50kW DC.

Charge time on a 3.3kW charger will be about 8-10 hours from empty to full, or 20-30 mins to 80% on a DC rapid.
A 3.3kW charger would deliver 33kWh in 10 hours so I'm guessing it's more like 5 hours to charge a c-zero.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Good point. I was thinking about the 10amp granny charger instead of the full 16amps. Also I think c-zero battery is smaller than on the early Leafs (16kWh vs 24kWh?), so 4-5 hours is more likely. I'm sure an actual owner will confirm shortly

·
Registered
604 Posts
But you can charge it on a 22kw post. It will just charge at 3.6KW though. Is that all the I-Miev charge at via chademo? I did think it was a lot slower than my leaf. I know batteries are different sizes but the leaf was way faster on a rapid.

·
Registered
499 Posts
But you can charge it on a 22kw post. It will just charge at 3.6KW though. Is that all the I-Miev charge at via chademo? I did think it was a lot slower than my leaf. I know batteries are different sizes but the leaf was way faster on a rapid.
The i-Miev has the same charge system as the Outlander PHEV, just a few extra battery cells (88 vs 80).
The Chademo charge rate is limited by the battery capacity to 50 amps @ 330V, so about 16KW.
Yes, the Leaf is a lot quicker on Chademo, both make it to 80% in about the same time but the Leaf battery is twice as big (as the Outlander)

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
About 5 hours from empty to full on 16amp and to 80% on a chademo in 20 minutes. Car automatically won't allow more than 84% on a chademo unless you restart it after. Have never waited more than 17 minutes to rapid charge even from very low %.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
About 5 hours from empty to full on 16amp and to 80% on a chademo in 20 minutes. Car automatically won't allow more than 84% on a chademo unless you restart it after. Have never waited more than 17 minutes to rapid charge even from very low %.
Do you know how to restart the charge on chademo so that I get the full 30 mins that ecotricity give per charge session?

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
You cannot restart after it stops without paying for another charge. Makes charging an imiev or clone quite expensive with ecotricity. But for the odd longer journey its OK.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts