Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Kilowatt Hunter
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd be interested to know if anyone else here has ordered the new Citroen E-Dispatch?

I did look at the Vauxhall version but they were £4k more expensive for the same van and they were looking at production next year. I believe, due to the British Gas order of 1000 vehicles.

I placed my order for a XL 75kW Enterprise version last week and it is scheduled for production next month. Options are metallic paint, Xenon headlamps (including 'Look Pack') and 17" wheels and Michelin tyres. It's certainly not cheap in comparison to what you get car-wise though! However, an electric van with a decent range has been a long time coming IMO and I am really looking forward to getting it. I spend most of my time in a van and to have silent running and all of the other attributes of an electric car will be very welcome!

·
Registered
954 Posts
Did not know a electric van with such big battery is coming out .

Be cheap to run, would you be doing alot of miles in it ?
Defo easy to drive being automatic.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Kilowatt Hunter
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I carry out mostly local driving in rural and urban settings. On average I do 40 miles a day. On occasion I can do 100, but seldom more. I doubt I'll suffer much range anxiety. Being a former Model S owner I have realistic expectations about range.

I feel the cold terribly and have a parking heater in my current van. This defrosts it nicely before I set off in the morning. To be able to do the same with the app will be a blessing. This feature alone factored heavily into my reason to buy. Ditching the noisy diesel manual for an auto sealed the deal. The environmental benefits and ongoing running costs are almost now secondary.

Anecdotally, two of my colleagues have the diesel version of the same van. They are really happy with them. I wired Victron inverters into the rear of them both recently. This involved moderate dismantling to get to wiring runs. I was really impressed with the build quality.

I'm a heating engineer, and do a lot of work on system controls and equipment ranging from 40 year old oil boilers to air source heat pumps. I have conversations about energy efficiency with customers every single day. Having an electric van will be a talking point for sure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts