Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

Citroen e-Dispatch - mini range review

6K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  Andy101 
#1 ·
So 4 and a half months after ordering I took delivery of my e-Dispatch XL Enterprise yesterday. This was a month later than I was told to expect but the dealer was kind enough to loan me a diesel dispatch for the last month as I was without a vehicle having already sold my env200 back in December and the lease on my personal car ending in March.

Wasting no time I took it straight out on a 130 mile journey, split approximately 90 motorway miles, 20 dual carriageway (50mph limit) miles and 20 stop/start town miles. I started the journey with 100% battery. The weather was dry, with the temperature starting at around 8c and dropping to around 4c. I had planned to do this journey in eco mode but I soon found out that the heating was useless in eco mode and being a bit chilly I needed the heating on so stuck to comfort mode.

The journey started with approx 45 motorway miles which I kept to a steady 62-65mph (I did find that I crept up to 70mph a couple of times without noticing) and I averaged around 2.2 miles per kw. This was then followed by 10 miles at 50mph and the average miles per kw increased to around 2.5 and then 10 miles of stop start driving in town and the average miles per kw increased to 2.7. I then completed the return journey and arrived home with exactly 25% battery remaining (this was according to the guage, I'm not sure if there's a digital read out of the battery percentange anywhere) and 38 miles of range - I can't remember what the final miles per kw was for the entire journey but I think it was 2.5 or 2.6. So on the basis of there being around 25% battery remaining, in those conditions I would have got approx 175 miles out of a full charge.

I then took it on a 2nd shorter journey today to try and replicate a more typical everyday journey rather than a heavily dominated motorway journey. It was a little warmer at around 10c and I didn't need the heating so this journey was done in eco mode. The total journey was 39 miles and this was split approx 10 motorway miles @ 62-65mph, 4 start/stop town miles and 25 a-road miles, sticking to speed limits ranging from 30mph to 50mph. The overall miles per kw was 3.2 and I completed the journey with 80% battery and a remaining range of 175 miles. Depending if you want to go off the remaining battery or indicated range, this would have given me an overall range in those conditions of 195-215miles on a full charge.

It's early days but both journeys have proved fairly encouraging in terms of range. Very roughly I think I can expect 135/140 100% motorway miles in winter, up to 170/175 miles in summer and 180 to 220 town miles, and of course somewhere in between for mixed journeys.

See less See more
#3 ·
I have an e-expert 75kwh. Averaging 2.4 miles/kWh over the last 150 miles. Mainly driving around back roads to and from a farm where I work. There is a massive hill to get back to my flat so I guess that will have something to do with the low average. Hoping to charge back up tomorrow and reset the counter to see if I can do better.

#5 ·
That's good to know, thanks. I ordered my e-expert (H2 75kWh crew cab) back in Feb and was told that it wouldn't be ready until September! Hoping the four and a half month lead time might apply to me too though. The salesman didn't seem to know a whole lot about any of it. Though he did try and talk me out of buying it, 'not this year' was his opinion, I heard the same thing 5 years ago when I bought my e-nv200! So strange. Anyway, I digress, that's reassuring on the range front, thanks for posting.

#8 ·
Averaging 2.7 over the last 40 miles. Thats mainly in D mode. I sometimes flick it into B mode in town or just for a second or two during a slow down. Otherwise the advice seems to be coast as much as you can without using brakes.

My long term average is around 2.2 but that includes my trip up from Manchester to central Scotland.

Does anyone know the usable capacity of the 75kwh battery? My guess is 65kwh.

#11 ·
Does anyone had real world figures for the 50 kWh version. Currently looking for a replacement for my ICE vehicle for which the lease runs out March 2022. Everything seems to have delays so want to order early. I have a florist so doing lots of local deliveries around town and into surrounding villages. Average daily mileage I would imagine about 100 miles but sometime lot less. We also run a new Renault Zoe van but this is not big enough for large floral displays. Have driven ENV200 before but now getting a little long in the tooth

#12 ·
I don't know how much extra weight the e-Dispatch carries over the car version such as the e-208/e-2008 or Corsa-e/Mokka-e as that will have an effect on the overall range. Add any heavy loads on top of that and again, your range will be affected. However, in the current warm weather with temperatures over 20 deg C, driving around town in stop-start traffic I can easily achieve well over 5 miles/kWh which would give an effective range of ~235 miles from 100% to 0% SoC. Even assuming you start the day at 95% (so you have some regen available) and go down to say, 15%, with that efficiency I would expect ~190 miles range around town. Assuming the van is heavier than the car and you have an extra load on board, reducing that efficiency by a very conservative 20%, you'd still have a range of ~150 miles on a single charge. More than enough for your possible 100 mile daily average.

#13 ·
A little update 2 months and 3000 miles later. I've been running the same trip for around 2500 miles, approx 2000 of which have been motorway miles and I've been averaging 2.6 miles/kWH. I was averaging 2.8miles/kWh up until the 1500 mile mark, when I was sticking to 60-65mph on the motorway but the novelty of trying to conserve energy wore off and as I upped my speeds (usually driving in the mid to high 70s) the average dropped.

I forgot to reset one of the trips but today I done a 122 mile journey with the van fully loaded. It broke down approx 10 town miles, 90 motorway miles (I stuck to 60-65mph today) and 20 motorway miles at 50mph. I arrived with approx 40% battery remaning according to the guage and 70 miles of range. Admittedly the conditions couldn't have been any better for an EV today, neither particularly hot, cold, nor was it raining but to get a pro rata range of close to 190 miles, fully loaded from that sort of journey was a very nice surprise.

Does anybody know if there's a way to see the exact battery percentage in the van? I know you can see it on the app but that's obviously not possible while driving. It's difficult to see exactly what % you have remaining looking at the guage.

#15 ·
I have been getting about 130-140 miles per charge in this nice summer weather. Mainly averaging about 30 to 40 mph. I’m due to take it in for a recall to do with battery and battery management if it doesn’t get much better I might have to complain. The range I was hoping for was at least 180 miles in the summer.

#14 ·
The Power Cruise control app displays battery state in kWh among other things, it's main function is to work out a better estimate of remaining range based on collecting stats whilst driving and will give you a yes or no answer to the question, Can I reach my destination (or the next charger) at the current speed?
It costs (currently) GBP21.99 per year plus the one off cost of an OBD2 bluetooth adapter and an adapter cable plus maybe a cheap phone or tablet and holder for a dedicated display.
The adapter cable connects to the apparently non-standard pins that the PSA cars use. They sell their own OBD2 and cable, there are lots of clone OBD2 interfaces that don't meet specifications, although I'm using one I already had.
Other OBD2 monitor apps could potentially read this from the car too if you could work out which variable to read.

#18 ·
I've been handed a loaner vehicle, 75kWh panel van by Peugeot after they forgot to put in the order (which I only found out about when I called to see if they had a delivery date!) and its been performing really well with a lot of country lanes and A roads at 60ish I'm getting about 3.2 miles/kWh which is really great, complete game changer after 6 years with an env 200. Having it loaded or unloaded hasn't seemed to make much discernable difference either. It's a great bit of kit. I'm not absolutely sure what the total usable pack size is, but if it's 68kWh that's 217 miles not bad at all.

#19 ·
I’ve got a 75 kWh e expert and really like it - however there is a very noticeable high pitch whine from about 50 mph which gets higher pitched as I go faster - do you get this? It’s a real pain as I have tinnitus and it’s kind of the same frequency as the high pitched whine🙁

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.