Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Edit -- With car dealers in England due to open in a few days, car adverts are once again allowed.

Please continue follow guidlines and local laws. Wales is still under a strict lockdown.

============================================

Until further notice only adverts for essential EV items are allowed, for example a part required to repair an EV that is off road.

Safely buying and selling a car during the coronavirus outbreak

QUOTE:

As per Government advice, you must stay indoors for all but essential trips. These are currently limited to:
• Shopping for necessities
• going to work (if you cannot work from home)
• attending medical appointments (either for yourself or someone vulnerable).

Buying and selling a car can be postponed

If buying a car at this time is essential, for example you're a key worker and you need a car to get to work, it’s possible to buy a car without leaving your house.

Some dealerships and retailers are offering home delivery services. If you need a car for essential travel, such as visiting a vulnerable person in need of care, please contact the dealer direct via email or phone to see what your options are.

If the delivery of a car is not essential at this time, it should be delayed until after lockdown measures are eased.

·
Registered
611 Posts
100% agree. Maybe if you are posting something then it could work but to be honest that is putting strain and risk on the postman and sorting offices and/or asking couriers to travel to deliver non essential items so likely we shouldn't do this either.

·
Super Moderator
11,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes. I'll leave that up to individuals. Someone may need an EVSE or other part to keep their car on the road.

Postable EV parts are still allowed.
Anyone selling toilet paper will get a ban.

Most parcel couriers are changing to contactless delivery. I've got DPD and Hermes set to knock and drop.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Most parcel couriers are changing to contactless delivery. I've got DPD and Hermes set to knock and drop.
I had a DPD drop earlier. Driver had a proper FFP3 mask on, hopefully someone helped him achieve a proper fit.

Worth adding that the major couriers all have apps where you can set default choices for safe place etc rather than one at a time when you get a notification.

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
7,222 Posts
Amazon are dropping on the door step and running away as soon as you get near the door. Postman handed me 2 parcels this morning at arms length and was leaning so far back I thought he might tip over...

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Playing devils advocate for a moment, we do need to consider people’s mental health and if they can improve their isolation period by doing some work on their car then isn’t that a good thing?

the amount of online purchases is increasing and I get the reduction in stress on the delivery agents but if those people are able to make money and are running the routes anyway is there much of an impact say vs amazon or eBay?

JJ

·
Super Moderator
11,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sure but I don't want to increase the number of people queuing at the Post office to mail a parcel. Mail-order buisnesses typically have on-site pick up....

We can look at what comes up.

·
Registered
76 Posts
@andrew*debbie is this policy still in place?

Was messaged by my Hyundai dealer that things will be opening up for them from the first of June ... so will need to start planning to shift our current Leaf, and would like to try here first.

·
Registered
76 Posts

Was messaged by my Hyundai dealer that things will be opening up for them from the first of June ... so will need to start planning to shift our current Leaf, and would like to try here first.
(and that the hyundai is in Tilbury and should be ready by end of june fo rus)

·
Super Moderator
11,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Just changed it.

·
OtleyBrock
Vauxhall Ampera 2014-20, waiting on e-Niro
21 Posts
Slightly odd query here. A couple of days ago I wrote a (rather wordy) for sale post for my Vauxhall Ampera. When I pressed “submit” it said it had to go to be moderated. Obviously no problem with that, but since then nothing, it has not appeared, I have no feedback and (slightly more worrying) I cannot find anything in my profile or anywhere else to show that I ever created the post. Is this normal or has it actually just “disappeared“ and I need to create it again?
Update: I’ve now sold the car so this post is moot, but seems I can’t delete it. My ad has never appeared so I’ve no idea what happened to it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts