Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi just wondering if there any way to clean the engine bay on the 2019 Volkswagen e-golf. It’s very dirty but I’m afraid to use water incase any of the electrics aren’t sealed and I damage the car

thanks jack

·
Premium Member
4,281 Posts
All the electrics will be sealed, but it’s still probably not a very good idea to attack it with a pressure washer or similar.

I’ve noticed that my undertray is being used as some kind of makeshift cat bed, it’s easily accessible via the wheel arch cut out, must be quite a cosy warm place to lay when the cars been on a run and the motor is hot! I have noticed a cat emerge from under the car when I’ve unlocked it with the fob as I walk towards it. Hopefully it continues to remove itself promptly when I’m about to use the car.

To clean the rest of the under bonnet bits, I use a bucket of warm water, a soft brush and some caravan cleaner. I wet the bits I want to clean with the water and brush, then a spray of the caravan cleaner, then agitate with a brush, then rinse. I had no problems when I did mine anyway.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I find a vacuum cleaner with a brush attachment works quite well for the dirt and dust that accumulates in crevices. Otherwise, I don't use way under the bonnet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts