Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any suggestion as to what I should use to clean the upholstery on my Mk1 Leaf? It is looking rather mucky after 3 years :eek:

Super Moderator
In the first instance I'd try a small amount warm fairy liquid, to lift/loosen any grease, as that's what the dirt will stick to. My door handles look a bit grubby!

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Thx Edd. It is the handles that are the worst. I'll give it a go tomorrow and report back :)

Registered
Used to have an Audi with a very similar interior and had similar problems, used a product called Stain Slayer (you can google it and it can be found at a well known supermarket beginning with a 'T' ;-) Spray it on and dab it off with a warm, damp cloth. Just be aware that you have to dampen the whole area (i.e the whole seat back or base / door inserts) or you'll end up with tide marks where the damp area dries. Failing that I've had great results with a Vax carpet cleaner if you can get hold of one, make sure it has the hand attachment, I think they call it the furniture attachment. Another tip, for any hard / smooth / leather surface, I use baby wipes for regular cleaning which are better and much cheaper than the interior wipes you can get from motor stores

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
I tried Edd's suggestion of washing up liquid. It worked a treat! :)

As the upholstery on a Mk1 is mainly plastic this makes sense.

Thx Edd :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts