Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have Car-net communicating with the car (I think) but not quite achieving what I am asking it to do!
1) Via the Car-Net app I tap e-Manager then Air conditioning>Start (the button with the thermometer on it) the car receives a message but when I go to the car, only the A/C light is on, but no heat. What I want is to heat up the car obviously!
2) Via the Car-Net app I tap e-Manager then Air conditioning>Start (the Window heating button) - the car receives a message but when I go to the car the rear window is heating. What I want is to heat/clear the front window (although the rear window is also useful just not by itself)!

Have I missed something?

Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
440 Posts
the air conditioning is what heats up the car - just make sure you have the temperature set as high as possible (or as high as you want it).

·
Registered
90 Posts
So I have Car-net communicating with the car (I think) but not quite achieving what I am asking it to do!
1) Via the Car-Net app I tap e-Manager then Air conditioning>Start (the button with the thermometer on it) the car receives a message but when I go to the car, only the A/C light is on, but no heat. What I want is to heat up the car obviously!
2) Via the Car-Net app I tap e-Manager then Air conditioning>Start (the Window heating button) - the car receives a message but when I go to the car the rear window is heating. What I want is to heat/clear the front window (although the rear window is also useful just not by itself)!

Have I missed something?

Thanks in advance...

The Window Heating button is only for the rear window as it is heated and the front windscreen is not.

To clear both you need to have both AC (as above I set mine at 25 degrees to clear ice/frost) on and Window Heating.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies - that all makes good sense. So two things:
How do you set the AC temp to say 25 deg?
Is there not a way to switch on the blower that you would normally use to warm the front windscreen?
(sorry - newbie/rtfm type questions!)

·
Registered
309 Posts
@thirdspace - I'm not sure what the carnet app actually does when starting the aircon but I believe as long as it's on long enough the front screen should clear. I have my departure time set to 06:50 weekdays and every morning the screen is clear when I get in the car. If you're doing it manually may be you just need to start the aircon earlier than you currently are.

I'm using the android app but here's what I do to set the temp:
  1. go to emanager-->air conditioning
  2. hit the three dots in the top right, then select 'adjust'
  3. change the temp to desired and then select 'done'

·
Regular contributor
303 Posts
My recent experience with my Passat GTE is great. I just set the Aircon on (in my charging location) and temp is 21deg and over the last week the very cold days (where all other car's screens are frozen) and mine is not.(y)

Interestingly not sure (apart from using the car-net) the heated screen function can be preset inside the car (or maybe it sets' both??)

I've also noticed it reduces the charge rate, not sure how much current the PTC heater takes whilst air conditioning ....

·
Registered
873 Posts
Thanks for the replies - that all makes good sense. So two things:
How do you set the AC temp to say 25 deg?
Is there not a way to switch on the blower that you would normally use to warm the front windscreen?
(sorry - newbie/rtfm type questions!)
You can also change the temperature in the car. Go into e-manager, then basic settings - you have an air conditioning temperature in there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts