Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
ZE50 GT Line R135 CCS, Mar '20
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is distinct from the creaking noise I've seen mentioned elsewhere.

Posted on facebook, and not seen on here, where to put sticky pads to stop the plastic trim knocking on the tailgate;

·
evezy referral code d6540
3,023 Posts
I posted on a similar themed thread that my Zoe didn’t make any clicking or creaking noises. The next time I took it out, I realised it did. If you don’t think about it, you don’t notice it. A bit like when you have a railway line at the bottom of your garden. It’s only visitors that ever hear the trains.

·
Registered
ZE50 GT Line R135 CCS, Mar '20
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I posted on a similar themed thread that my Zoe didn’t make any clicking or creaking noises. The next time I took it out, I realised it did. If you don’t think about it, you don’t notice it. A bit like when you have a railway line at the bottom of your garden. It’s only visitors that ever hear the trains.
When the creaking tailgate was first mentioned I thought it was the noise I'd been hearing but I understand it's more of a rubbing noise?
This though does sounds much more like the noise I've been getting. Ordered some pads off that there Amazon so worse case is I've wasted £1.73 and a bit of time ;)

·
Registered
571 Posts
I wish lol but after i noticed it that's it stuck in my head :cry:

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
This is distinct from the creaking noise I've seen mentioned elsewhere.

Posted on facebook, and not seen on here, where to put sticky pads to stop the plastic trim knocking on the tailgate;
Could you please copy/paste the post for those like myself not on FB, thanks. :)

·
Zoe Devotee
9,129 Posts

·
Registered
2,374 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Renault Zoe GT Line R135 with rapid charge
10 Posts
Hi, I posted this earlier on Wednesday on another thread but thought it might help answer some questions about the creaking tail gate which my ZE50 was intermittently affected. The creaking worsened with temperature, sounded like a metallic click, I first thought it was the boot lid not properly closing or the rear seats not 'clicked' into their upright position - it was none of these. The sound was mostly evident when going around corners/overs bumps etc.

....Just picked up my ZE50 from DSG in Morecambe (this Wednesday) after getting the creaking tail gate repaired. It took over a week due to the need to book into the body shop to treat/repaint the welds that had to be ground off.

The Technicians knew all about the fault which Renault provides the dealership the solution. After talking to the Technician I understand it involves grinding off 'rubbing' welds on the tailgate, repainting the affected area and then putting some kind of fibre rope gasket in-between the tail gate plastic trim and the metal parts. Result, no more creaking/rattling sounds anymore!

Suggest book your car into your local Renault shop to have inspected/repaired, they should know all about this fault which apparently has affected Zoes delivered in May this year (and was a similar fault on the Mark II).

I picked up my new Zoe GT Line in May this year.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts