Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any clues how you turn the air conditioning off ?
I tried the 'off' button, but evidently the car knows best and still turns it on periodically even though it's still got the 'button' reading 'off'.....
Or am I destined to drive with a jumper on all the time ?

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
And you are up at 4.37 worrying about that - Steven King's "Christine" comes to mind. Zoe has a tendency to do the same as well as turning the lights on when I park in the garage and the wipers if it thinks it might rain :D

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Turn the temperature up if it's cold? The air con on/off bit is in a sense irrelevant as it's how it targets the desired temperature that matters, in other words if the air con is on it will up the heat a bit from the battery/engine/heater to compensate. I've noticed on cooler days I often have to have the temperature set to 24 or more with climate set to Max to get it up to temperature...

·
Registered
340 Posts
these days you don't really turn it off as such - you just set it to what you like and leave it - although I agree you should have an on / off option. I have found the Ampera air con not as good at providing a stable reliable temp as other cars I've had and I do have to adjust it up and down a bit...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts