Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone managed to work out what the figures on the climate control screen relate to?

e.g. If I set the climate to Auto and let everything stabilise having set the temperature to a value that means the car is at the required temperature such that there is neither heating or cooling as shown by the two icons on the bottom right of the screen showing "OFF" I have a figure of around 22% with the "ECO" setting on the left.

What does the 22% refer to? 22% of what?

Having let everything stabilise I now manually adjust the fan speed such that it is one notch up from "OFF" but leave everything else alone so heating and cooling still show "OFF" and take a note of the percentage figure again.

Now select the "MIN" option on the left and in my case the 22% figure drops to 4% but nothing has changed the fan is still running at its minimal speed and the heating/cooling are still showing "OFF".

If the car is running the fan at higher speeds on the "ECO" setting and you have the temperature turned up the percentage rises, so when it is all set as the paragraph above why does the "ECO" setting still show 20+% - surely it should be showing 4% like the "MIN" option does???

Or am I missing something obvious?

·
Registered
7,249 Posts
The climate settings and display is a complete confusion for me. So much so that I have given up trying to understand it properly. I just have it on Eco or Max and adjust the temp up or down until it is comfortable and pretty much ignore everything else.

Yet another failing of the software and user interface.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts