Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I've had a search on here but not seen a post for the climate heating. I've had my Soul about 2 weeks now and loving it, although I haven't needed to use the heating what with this UK summer right now, I sometimes need it for my 6am commute to take the chill off for a bit.

The issue is I can't get any heat out of the climate at any temp setting, including the max!? When I press the 'Heat' button then it comes out but I thought heat would come out the vents without pressing the 'Heat' button as well.

Or have I got this wrong, it has been known!

Thanks for your help in advance.

Luke

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
7,407 Posts
Is the car brand new or second hand?

If you set the desired temperature on the temperature dial and set it on Auto then it should heat the car. Heat won't come out immediately if it's been parked. It's usually after 10 seconds or so of driving and sometimes you get a blast of cool air first.

If it isn't coming on at all I'd query it with your nearest Kia dealer as it sounds a bit odd. Mine was always quite good at heating the car and if you set it to 25c in winter it'd melt your face off.

It's also worth changing it out of eco mode in case they've meddled with the software so it doesn't heat as much in that mode now.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is the car brand new or second hand?

If you set the desired temperature on the temperature dial and set it on Auto then it should heat the car. Heat won't come out immediately if it's been parked. It's usually after 10 seconds or so of driving and sometimes you get a blast of cool air first.

If it isn't coming on at all I'd query it with your nearest Kia dealer as it sounds a bit odd. Mine was always quite good at heating the car and if you set it to 25c in winter it'd melt your face off.

It's also worth changing it out of eco mode in case they've meddled with the software so it doesn't heat as much in that mode now.
The car is new. I'll try the auto function and try the eco setting too.

Many thanks all.

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

·
Registered
168 Posts
Yeah as others have said, auto will operate the Heat button (light on it) and the AC button (light on it) as required. Auto and temp up to full should fire everything up and after a minute or so it should melt your face off. The heater is very good.

I dont notice much difference with the car in and out of eco. In the Zoe, eco ment no heat. You should also hear a compressor type sound outside the car when the heating/AC is running.

We find with AC in the heat we've just had it tends to send it all towards the face so pressing mode sorts that but all functions, fan and temp continue to be auto controlled.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts