Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right guys need help I nearly got caught out in my leaf, pulled into pease pottage and I was unable to use the ecotricity rapid but someone was able to use the renault one are they separate so one will work if the other does not.
I only had 19 mile range used the 13amp in whsmiths but not want this worry or stress any more so please advise cards / memberships I need and cables.
Also having just got my leaf I dont have any other cards or cables, im sending off for a chargemaster card tomorrow and been looking at cables on ebay j1772 about £200.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Hi Gary.

The card(s) which you should get are a bit dependent on where you are planning on driving:

1. Certainly I'd start with the Ecotricity card. This is FREE and that's a good start.
2. If you've an iPhone then you can download POLAR INSTANT and deposit £20. This will help you to find charging points. You'll
3. I have a CYC card which costs £10 but it has never been used

As far as cables I have the 6.6kw LEAF and stumped up for the EVSE cable too (ouch) which is useful. I also have a BLUE Commando to 13A converter. I'm still looking at ways that I can Euro-Plug and Type 3 support for French trips

·
Registered
18 Posts
Gary, when you say you were unable to use it, what do you mean? I've used Pease Pottage a few times recently and it's been fine. Or is it just that you didn't have a suitable card?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm about to order one of these for my Leaf - has anyone used these guys before? I'm having similar issue to Gary - which card - made easier by the fact that there's very few charging points near us yet! Certainly no Ecotricity or CYC.

http://evconnectors.com/electric-vehicle-chargers-and-accessories/Type-2-Electric-Vehicle-Charging-Cables-and-Sockets/Type-2-Connectors-32-amp/Type-2-32-amp-Plugs-and-Cables/j1772-to-62196-2-32-amp-plugs-and-cable-dsi-dsiec-ev32p?language=en&currency=GBP&gclid=CNzdl7G-8r0CFScGwwodCjEADg

·
Registered
142 Posts
On another note, Charge Your Car have changed their 'lifetime' card to an 'access' card, at an increased price.

"As of today (16/04/2014), the Charge Your Car Access Card replaces the Charge Your Car Lifetime Card, with an initial cost of £20 per annum.

When an order is placed by an EV driver for a Charge Your Car Access Card, they must choose a renewal option (failure to renew a Charge Your Car Access Card on time, will result in the card expiring):

• Automatic renewal: £20 will be automatically debited from the EV driver’s payment card on an annual basis, until instructed otherwise.
  • Manual renewal: The EV driver renews their Charge Your Car Access Card manually, 12 months after being purchased. When this option is selected, the renewal price is £27.50.
Charge Your Car Lifetime Card holders are not affected by these changes."

http://chargeyourcar.org.uk/news/charge-your-car-access-card-replaces-charge-your-car-lifetime-card/

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
On another note, Charge Your Car have changed their 'lifetime' card to an 'access' card, at an increased price.

"As of today (16/04/2014), the Charge Your Car Access Card replaces the Charge Your Car Lifetime Card, with an initial cost of £20 per annum.

When an order is placed by an EV driver for a Charge Your Car Access Card, they must choose a renewal option (failure to renew a Charge Your Car Access Card on time, will result in the card expiring):

• Automatic renewal: £20 will be automatically debited from the EV driver’s payment card on an annual basis, until instructed otherwise.
  • Manual renewal: The EV driver renews their Charge Your Car Access Card manually, 12 months after being purchased. When this option is selected, the renewal price is £27.50.
Charge Your Car Lifetime Card holders are not affected by these changes."

http://chargeyourcar.org.uk/news/charge-your-car-access-card-replaces-charge-your-car-lifetime-card/
Thanks for posting this.

Glad I got my lifetime card when I did. Wonder what happens if a lifetime card "mysteriously" stops working :)

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi guys I used it friday and have used pease pottage when I had a leaf on extended test drive, so I know it has worked called ecotricity today and they explained that the AC & DC are different systems so one might work and the other might not, I said that we all should be praising ecotricity for there help, he said that he wishes all customers were understanding.

Apparently the out of hours guys were not getting the calls due to the calls not being diverted

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Hi Guys,

Don't forget the 10% discount code 'SPEAKEV10' at.... nuWorld Store....Save yourself some pennies to cover the charging subscription costs.

The much recommended Zero Carbon World products and the cheapest on the market for a 5meter 32amp version at standard pricing, never mind the 10% discount.

Mark
Hi Mark,

Your shopping cart is saying 'code expired' at the moment. Can you refresh the code, I have an order waiting to go... ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts