Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

Club 100

376K views 651 replies 70 participants last post by  Trevor Larkum 
#1 ·
Howdy,

So after 7 months of ownership I have cracked 100 miles. Still had 15 on the GOM, didn't fancy pushing my luck.
So it's been a week of city traffic, no heater or ac, eco mode, and not too many quick getaways. Granted this isn't 142 miles like the chap on here achieved.

Average of 4.8 m/kWh best I've seen.
Multimedia Car Vehicle Technology Electronic device

See less See more
#4 ·
#Jealous

Best I've managed was 94.7, not really trying either, when I do try to get range I get mid 80's lol

#8 ·
I am now an official member of the 100 mile club (y)

Charged up last Saturday and did a bit of trotting about and then my weekly commute which is just under 80 miles and by Friday evening I had done 102.6 miles with 16 miles remaining. My eco score has gone up to 93/100 too and I am at 4.84 mpkw. This is running in Eco with no aircon as I prefer having the windows down when the weather is like it is at the moment. I have only done reset ofter my first full charge. I am just resetting the A trip after each charge.

My previous week I had done 96 miles with 25 miles remaining, but as it wasn't 100 actual miles on the trip I didn't post it.

To say I am pleased is an understatement. I thought the Zoe would suit my laid back driving style and weekly commute, but its performing much better than I imagined. Its costing me around £2.75 to charge which is a bit different to the £18 a week in diesel. Its working out to about 2.6ppm at our current non Economy 7 electric rate.

I am going to be very interested to see how much its changes in the winter. I know there is going to be a big difference, but even if its half I will still be happy :D

Attachments

#11 ·
. Its working out to about 2.6ppm at our current non Economy 7 electric rate.
You may want to take a look at Economy 7 from first:utilty. It has a lower day rate that the big 6 and slightly lower night rate. If you decide to switch PM me as you can get Amazon voucher if introduced :)

#13 ·
I think we need pictures of the Eco screen on R-link to verify 100 milers.

140+ miles on 22kw of battery on motorway driving, haha ok. You do realise that's over 6mpkwh!

#14 ·
I think we need pictures of the Eco screen on R-link to verify 100 milers.

140+ miles on 22kw of battery on motorway driving, haha ok. You do realise that's over 6mpkwh!

The 140 miles is on YouTube if it's the same user. Wasn't done on the motorway if I recall.

100 miles is pretty easy for town driving during the warmer weather.

#15 ·
We have thought about Economy 7 but my partner is at home all day and uses a fair amount of electric, so we're not sure that would work for us. We definitely wouldn't want to run the dishwasher, washing machine etc. at night as our bedroom is above the kitchen.

The other thing is I prefer to charge at the at the end of the week once I put Zoe in the garage and know that the charging starts ok and unplug at the end of the evening once its done and not having to rely on the timing schedule. I wouldn't want to go out to the car and find it hadn't charged.

Thanks for the offer of the introduction though :)
Sounds like an ideal application for Solar panels. They provide the power during the day when you say you use it. That should lower the day time use a lot. I try to charge my car at weekends when it is at home during the day and the Sun is out.

#16 ·
100 miles is pretty easy for town driving during the warmer weather.
Agreed, on motorway, fast dual carriage way, or even regular A and decent B roads its not so easy. I've struggled to get much over 90miles on those routes.

I just want potential new owners to be aware of the limitations on the "100 miles is easy" statement.

Reactions: pommymatt
#159 ·
I don't bother with ECO mode now, as I have learnt to drive like a FAIRY. The weather makes a great deal of difference too. Unfortunately I live up a bendy steep hill (less than 1/2 mile), so what I gain I lose. Even a main road in Wales is deceptively undulating. But with careful driving you can gain overall.
Forgot to mention my Trip Report is always 90+/100. Reached 98/100 on many occasions.

#18 ·
Strangely it makes very little difference.

I'll be testing more thoroughly over next couple of weeks as I've got a big trip planned that's barren of chargers.

#20 ·
No chance, I've not seen anyone claim 100+miles on 1 journey, they'll all be pottering around town, never more than a couple of miles from a charger.

#21 ·
I've given up on the Eco mode 100 mile challenge. Car is in dealers tomorrow for aircon fix so I wanted a full charge. I may try again one day.

There you go, theoretically 100miles is possible,but you'll die of boredom driving under 60mph everywhere.

Attachments

Reactions: Edd Beesley
#25 ·
That was the strange thing it didn't, obviously it dropped a lot quicker than normal but after I had done 50 miles the battery indicator was roughly half full and it had dropped to 68 miles. Once I fully charged it the range then said 138. So it looks like it is slowly returning to normal again, obviously just had a funny turn.

#27 ·
If my Zoe could do 200+ miles I would keep it until the doors rusted off (seeing as most of the rest of it is plastic).

Reactions: daveb99 and fr0d0
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.