Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

101 - 120 of 136 Posts

·
Zoe Devotee
7,538 Posts
Looks like it's quite easy when the temps go over 20C. I wonder if the tighter pack makes it drive a bit hotter?
Perhaps, I was seeing low 4's in the warm spell a few weeks ago. I was generally driving quite quck. So on one tank I intentionally drove for max range and my mpkwh barely rose at all which wasn't expected. Since BMS I have seen more consistent range, but i've found it harder to extract maximum range, which considering the nature of the update is a bit weird.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Looks like it's quite easy when the temps go over 20C. I wonder if the tighter pack makes it drive a bit hotter?
I had a bit of an issue last night after a 480 mile drive with a couple of rapids during day

I noticed on way home AC was on (cold air from vents despite AC off on dash) outside temp still about 25c

So I assume the AC was being used to try and cool the battery. Got to a rapid a couple of miles from home that's on free vend and as I was at 12% decided to top it up a bit. I plugged in charge started and then went to a BCI. Now this is a rapid that normally works fine. No issue went home let it reset and it charged fine overnight on 7kw

Popped back to same rapid this morning and it worked fine

So suspecting the combination of a near 500 mile day multiple rapids a long motorway run and high ambients led to the car throwing a BCI as the pack was too hot for a rapid. I should have checked battery temp but it had been a long day and I wanted to get home

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
My highest miles per kWh so far 6.4 on the 43 mile run from home to Leicester

GOM is saying 191 left which would put it over the 230 NEDC in total . Now off to Central London (just over 109 from here) will be interesting to see if I can keep it near 6 miles per kWh by the time I hit central London traffic

IMG_20180706_093740.jpg

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
That's a good average speed for the MPkWh.
Was mainly M1 behind a lorry

Made it into Central London lost some due to very heavy traffic on A41

But ended up doing 138 miles with 104 left so total estimate of 242!!! (6.01 miles per kWh in the end)

Motor Battery and Weather seem to be in the perfect sweet spot at moment

IMG_20180706_121925.jpg
IMG_20180706_121930.jpg

IMG_20180706_121914.jpg

Attachments

·
Zoe Devotee
7,538 Posts
That's a good average speed for the MPkWh.

Its better than "good" its miraculous for motorway, fast average speed, but as the OP admitted it was behind a lorry so they were punching through the air for him.

·
Super Moderator
7,213 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I think you’ve got one of the magic really efficient Zoe’s, well done!
A light right foot and I like counting bugs on the back of lorries :)

I very much doubt it will be as efficient on the 140 mile run home when I finish at midnight..... On that run its as long as I get home before it's empty anything goes...

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Think I have finally beaten the GOM into submission

After weeks of it telling me I can do 180 to 190 and doing over 200... today it has given up and admitted defeat

Screenshot_20180706-192520.png

Couldn't wait for a 100 percent screenshot . 7.30 curtain up time for work

·
R110 ZE40 Zircon Blue
2,147 Posts
@Mo1 while I trust what CanZE shows, i don't trust what Renault output to CanZE so much. My car says its got 22.2kwh on a full 100% charge now, and yet by 21kwh its into limited performance. Dash shows 0%, CanZE shows a couple of % and kwh available over 1kwh. So which is right, I've a feeling none are now that BMS has been nerfed.

Also whats going on with your battery module temps, I've never seen temperatures so out of whack when it comes to temps. I've seen high 20's maybe even 30 but never, 44, 48 or 77. Plus minus 39 when the module next to it is 22.
I managed to put 27kWh into my old battery pack according to my home charger. - go figure...

·
R110 ZE40 Zircon Blue
2,147 Posts
Doh! I totally forgot about losses and stuff. :/ fair comment

·
Registered
81 Posts
Seen it somewhere, gliding along in neutral...It certainly extends the mileage, but how good is it to be moving in and out of neutral? (really would only do this in an "emergency", running out of power).Mike IOW

·
Registered
339 Posts
Seen it somewhere, gliding along in neutral...It certainly extends the mileage, but how good is it to be moving in and out of neutral? (really would only do this in an "emergency", running out of power).Mike IOW
You aren't really shifting in and out of Neutral at all - that is disconnecting cogs in a gearbox, as in an ICE. You are simply telling the control system to stop putting energy into or taking energy out of the motor. This means that "Neutral" can be thought of as a coast mode, disabling regen. The risk is that it also cuts power delivery, so if you were in an emergency situation that needed you to accelerate out of trouble you couldn't, without first shifting back into Drive. Apart from that I don't think there is any problem with shifting in and out of Neutral. Whether it's worth the effort is a different question.

·
Co-author of CanZE. Q210 nov 2013
4,112 Posts
Apart from that I don't think there is any problem with shifting in and out of Neutral.
I can confirm. I am driving for years now like that, because I don't like "aiming" for 0 kW. It's no issue at all.

·
evezy referral code d6540
792 Posts
1A8F4A4A-EA4E-4BBE-A829-94307C5BA679.jpeg

Trip report reset during range challenge when car was at dealers to resolve connectivity problem. Fortunately took this photo before handing car over.

A3C97A80-FA4C-4FF8-BCDD-BCBF9DB6FFE0.jpeg

Second trip report started immediately on picking up car from dealer.

6EA8CD82-1189-44E9-B83A-934BBE781972.jpeg

Total of 233 miles covered on one battery charge with a predicted 9 miles remaining.

F206A01B-BA5B-4850-ABBA-F2B6BDA1384E.jpeg

4% remaining in battery. I’ll probably try again and get it all on one trip report which is ideal. May go for the elusive 250 miles. I could then form a new club of one member!!

·
Registered
10,765 Posts
Average speed 12 mph - where on earth are you driving? :)

To get 250 miles you’d need to drive for over 20 hours!

101 - 120 of 136 Posts
About this Discussion
135 Replies
34 Participants
E7EV
Speak EV - Electric Car Forums
A community for enthusiasts of all makes and models of EV from BMW to Tesla, Renault, Nissan, Mitsubishi and more. Join the electrifying discussion today!
Full Forum Listing