Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

Club 200

128K views 153 replies 37 participants last post by  95199 
#1 · (Edited)
With the ZE40 arriving to the masses we should probably kick this off.

Try and get 200 miles in your ZE40 and share your results here.

Edit: claims must be verified with a picture of the trip screen. These attempts should be over one charge.

Next week I will post my first attempt.

#2 ·
Should we also clarify that "claims" be verified with a picture of the trip report screen to prove your claim. To avoid any silly made up claims. Also should be over a single charge.

Oh and can this topic be made sticky please.

#4 · (Edited)
Great initiative.
With the risk of being OT in my first ever post, I'd like to post a failed attempt.
It failed because
1) I didn't reach 200 miles/320km and
2) had to charge

So in fact a miserable failure. Still this trip made me 100% confident I will easily reach 200 miles with the Zoe. The trip in question was made in Norway, from the small city of Drøbak to the winter resort of Geilo 800meters over sea level in the mountains. I had no expectation I would even come close to doing this trip in one charge. In normal temperatures with less climb I think the Zoe would do 300-350km/187-218miles with ease!

So the facts of the "failed" attempt was:
Distance: 150 miles/ 241 km traveled
Average speed: 60 km/h
Energy used: 43 kwh (charged for 10-15 min)
Temperature: minus 24 celsius (!)
Climb: 800 meters net, highest point was 1100 meters over sea level
Road conditions: severe with ice, snow and deep tracks (the TOMTOM gave me constant warnings of slippery roads - nice!)

Electronics Technology Electronic device Multimedia Auto part
Electronics Automotive navigation system Gps navigation device Technology Electronic device
Text Font Map Screenshot World

#6 ·
So, the Zoe can't do 200 miles at -24°C? I think we need to alert all the EV media of Renault's outrageous range claims.

:D

#7 ·
:cool: I might have picked the coldest day of the year a few days ago - it's fortunately much warmer now. But I'm really impressed with winter performance. A lot of it is probably down to the battery heater (which inner workings I need to read up on in some other threads).

Must not confuse NEDC with "NEDC" ("Norwegian Extreme Driving Cycle") I guess :)

#8 · (Edited)
Switched on ECO at 185 miles and drove to local charger arrived with 194 miles and 8 miles remaining before charging, still had not seen 'Limited performance' so assume 200 would of been achievable.

Then after 100% charge

#10 ·
Reactions: john nilsen
#12 ·
That said other half says it is sad to wave at each other, is it a male thing?

Well just a couple of weeks ago there was a woman in a Zoe frantically waving at me :cool:

#14 ·
:LOL: I think it should be "wave if you fancy my Zoe"

#15 ·
i only do a few miles per day...but i think with Eco mode you could easy get 200 miles (although i rarely use eco mode)
Can I ask why you picked a 90? It doesn't sound like it fits your usage profile as well as a 22kwh Zoe would have.

#16 ·
i got the top of the range one with all the extras
and i bought the battery out right also
the price i got it for was unbelievable ....what a great deal i got from the dealer in hillington

the 22kw was never on my radar to be honest more for the resell value point of view...as i want a tesla model3 as soon as i can get my hands on one :)

#17 ·
i got the top of the range one with all the extras
and i bought the battery out right also
the price i got it for was unbelievable ....what a great deal i got from the dealer in hillington
could you let me have some info? I'm negotiating at present....

JJ

#21 ·
Hi,
Long term LEAF owner here. Currently running a 30kw model. I'm looking at planning a charity road trip up to Arctic Circle in Norway next summer. I am thinking a Zoe 40 would do the job. What are people's worst case scenario range for the 40? Looking to get a dealer sponsored car for the trip. Iro 3,000miles round trip.

Many thanks for any advice / info.

#22 ·
Hi,
Long term LEAF owner here. Currently running a 30kw model. I'm looking at planning a charity road trip up to Arctic Circle in Norway next summer. I am thinking a Zoe 40 would do the job. What are people's worst case scenario range for the 40? Looking to get a dealer sponsored car for the trip. Iro 3,000miles round trip.

Many thanks for any advice / info.
I have been keeping tabs on my ZE40's energy use over the past 2 months. At zero degrees C I was getting about 3.2 miles per kWh, at ten degrees it was nearer 4 miles per kWh. Short, low speed journeys with pre heating the cabin gave the worst result, 2.6mpkWh. During the pre heating you use energy but cover no miles.
I have noticed that, unlike driving in warmer weather, slower driving seems less efficient than faster. I guess that the battery works harded and gets warmer on a faster run.

#25 ·
Posted here before, this is my best so far ... Club 200

I will be trying for the full 200 mile's before charging when summer comes (y)

Reactions: yoh-there
#27 ·
Yes, but that slight annoyance is more than compensated when we see the ugly back end of a Leaf. Oh dang, I posted this in the wrong forum. Should have done it in the Leaf forum right? Oh wait, they ARE posted now and then there and are so appreciated aren't they?

My sense of humor is obviously flawed, but this kind of posts is exactly why I have more than once pleaded for separate accounts for (non blockable) moderator-hatted posts and (blockable) non-moderator-hatted posts. Maybe you guys would kindly reconsider, though I realize there is fierce opposition. Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate moderation work all you do, and I know all too well that you can never do it right for everybody. Frustrating.

Awaiting your first successful 200 mi run @Mo1 (y)

#28 ·
I’ve been holding that one in for almost 11 months on this thread, I think I deserve a medal! Winky smilie also indicates a joke, btw.

#30 ·
Ed can easily do 200 miles on a charge.... 4x of them though to get there though. ;)

#31 ·
4? I'd be lucky, more like 5 these days! Although I can go from 0% to 100% in about fifteen seconds at my home charger - by swapping cars. I tell myself it's like Formula E.

Reactions: Sandy
#34 ·
Don't be too quick to discount battery leased, there are pro's and con's with both.

Reactions: Neilew
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.