Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 R135 GTLine CCS
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who've tried both, which worked best for you?
I've had the false floor since not long after I got my Zoe50 last June and have had mixed views on it. It's been in the car for the last 6 or so months, but rattles and for some reason the board is too stiff and so will not lift up at the half way ridge. I have tried wearing it in but to no joy. Also took a fair while to get the cable sorted to make it relatively easy to get to it's slot if there's nothing in the boot, however if there is, or if I'm in a hurry ....
So I was wondering about trying the hook and removing the false floor. It will give me more space over all though it does not look as neat. Also it's crossed my mind the cable may not necessarily sit that neatly on the hook and also could bounce around causing knocking noises. Additionally has anyone found the cable falling off ?

·
Registered
Zoe ZE50 GTline CCS
882 Posts
Only use false floor so can't compare them but I prefer the neatness of it.. I have my type 2, an extension cable and a granny cable stowed in it.. mine doesn't cause any knocking that I have ever noticed.

·
Registered
Zoe ZE40 R90
596 Posts
I like the false floor, and have no trouble accessing my type 2 cable. I also have the tyre pump 1st aid kit, a couple of ratchet straps, bottle of water, blanket and towing hook/locking wheel nut socket under there!

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 R135 GTLine CCS
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On the false floor - I met up with Arthur just before lock down and while visually they were the same, the panel part of his works as you would expect, where as with mine, you lift it from the outer edge and the whole floor comes up as if it was not meant to hinge (and this does scrape against the sides of the boot).

Anything 3D printed wont last or is very strong
Not necessarily so, however the actual design in this case is quite clever with he hook having a buttress to pass the weight on to the car panel.

·
Registered
Zoe ZE40 R90
596 Posts
On the false floor - I met up with Arthur just before lock down and while visually they were the same, the panel part of his works as you would expect, where as with mine, you lift it from the outer edge and the whole floor comes up as if it was not meant to hinge (and this does scrape against the sides of the boot).
Mine hinges in the middle, not completely, but it means I can access the boot lip side for the cable, or the seat back side for the pump.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.